Daytona and Talladega Visits

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Should we continue to visit Daytona and Talladega twice during each season?

Yes (Twice)
39%
No (Once)
61%

Total votes: 23

lepage71
League Administrator

Daytona and Talladega Visits

Post by lepage71 »

Please post questions and comments after voting.
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

I would give up going to two plate tracks races a year, for more short tracks on the schedule.. :grin:
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

WildFire wrote:I would give up going to two plate tracks races a year, for more short tracks on the schedule.. :grin:
look up!

what did lepage just say?

lol
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

u goof, I know that... I'm just adding my 2 cents to something I would like to see. like bristol twice a year...... EF, I like plate tracks, so for me to give it up going there one less time a season would be a big deal.. lol

k i get it, i wrote it wrong.... -sigh
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

WildFire wrote:u goof, I know that... I'm just adding my 2 cents to something I would like to see. like bristol twice a year...... EF, I like plate tracks, so for me to give it up going there one less time a season would be a big deal.. lol

k i get it, i wrote it wrong.... -sigh
LOL

i meant your suppossed to vote first, comment after

and i know that one vote is mine...lol
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

k, I voted... lol
LeoR500
League Member

Post by LeoR500 »

So if we do give up a couple of the plate races what is most likely going to take thier place?
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

i thought that memphis cts race the other night was one of the better races of the year ,i am partial to short tracks though,lol
Last edited by retroracer on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

The most fun tracks to replace them with are the flatter 1.5-2.0 mile tracks. I ain't talking about lowes/texas/atlanta.... but more like California, Kansas Vegas, etc. Oh, don't let me forget michigan! the races at those four tracks IMHO, have been the most fun, with most SBS racing the past two years.

EDIT: btw... voted ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

Bov, all those tracks are cool. But let's toss out kansas PLEASE... lol
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

why, there was primo racing at kansas. You just gotta catch up there. lol
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

yah, I caught up allright, Q 2nd. I smacked my car into the wall
on lap 18 in turn 1. lmao. nah that track and I just don't agree with each other. lol
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I like the 4 plate tracks a season. I agree that it adds an element of shuffling in the points. I also think that the only 1 complaining are those that have yet to master the complexity of plate track driving and strategy ( as the BBFF garage has!). I like the 4 times a season but for diversity I voted for 2.
j2thec
League Member

Post by j2thec »

People complain because at Dega and Tona, "People come out of the woodwork for these races", And its usally those people that cause the problems.

I think if you set a rule that says, if you have any unexcused? (not the best word to use but...) absences 2 races before a plate track then you will not be permitted to race, or if you let them race, not qualify. Also all rookies should not be allowed to qualify if it there first race.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

j2thec wrote:People complain because at Dega and Tona, "People come out of the woodwork for these races", And its usally those people that cause the problems.

if you let them race, not qualify. Also all rookies should not be allowed to qualify if it there first race.
Problem with that, J2, is that the 'out of the woodwork' people are now in the back where they'll inevitably get impatient, (because they're fast) and end up wrecking people anyway.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
HBMan23
Forum Member

Post by HBMan23 »

And also you have a limited number of racers in Nascar Heat nowadays! Think about it! 18 cars with 3 wrecks or 8 cars without wrecks?
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Seeing how the vote is currently 12-5, ummmm.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

can i offically change my vote here? i voted no, but now i am thinking it was a mistake

i say "yes"

what the hell, tradition is tradition and as much as i say afterwards how much i hate that white knuckle driving, its still very challenging and fun during the race.

heck take a vote after every race and i am sure the results would change every time just depending on how that race went
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Nope! I'd be like Ernhardt Sr, after a talladega race he one once, the victory lane reporter asked him if he changed his mind, and he said, "Nope, I still hate plate racin"

I'm with dale. I find nothing about plate racing fun. just a matter of who you cut off, who you let in, and how bold you are. No talent at all. I'd rather DRIVE. (i.e. short tracks and big flat tracks) any day of the week.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

Bov, read the poll subject on the low line on plate tracks... Each one of us has different points of views on this subject I guess, and all of us prbably will never agree on it. :sad: I'm a very big earnhardt fan myself always have been always will be. :grin: But read some of the posts under that heading... later bud