Wear Factor

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Which wear factor should be used in the NHRL in 2007?

1X - More racing on the track and less determined in the pits
6%
2X - Run longer runs to have time to recover from problems and prevent pitting mistakes
35%
3X - Leave it and let Lepage and Tommy continue to dominate
12%
4X - Make the runs a little shorter to mess with the strategy
12%
5X - Forget the fuel mileage and run flat out
18%
6X - Screw the long runs and lets just race fast and hard!
18%

Total votes: 17

HBMan23
Forum Member

Wear Factor

Post by HBMan23 »

Here's a good poll! This is not an official NHRL poll but is rather used to see what you guys think! Please vote!
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

It might just be me, but I think the more stops the better. It shakes up the competition a little bit. In real racing, it's not necessarily about how fast you are, it's how good of a driver you are, and that can be determined by pitting more regularly rather than running the same line lap after lap.

Just my two cents.
Steve aka Etab
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

A big part of racing is pit stops. I like the challenge of "getting all I can get" on a pit stop without screwing it up. I know some don't like the risk of getting into someone else's $#!+ on a pit stop, but that's the risk we all face.

I voted for 3x and leave lepage and tommy dominate. Those two won't stop leading points just because the wear factor is mixed up.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

they might not stop leading points but iwould gaurantee more races would be won by different drivers if it were 1x or 2x. that might even help with getting a bigger field later on in the season
bgbollin
League Member

Post by bgbollin »

I say lets stop racing a game without cautions...unrealistic period
Benji Bollinger (bgbollin)
HBMan23
Forum Member

Yes

Post by HBMan23 »

I WOULD like to see cautions in the race! It would add to the realism and the experience, although SOME of the guys in the league would, unquestionably, not be able to handle running cautions! I agree, bg, it would be awesome to have cautions, but i don't see it happening with the way things are now! :grin:
Etab
League Member

Re: Yes

Post by Etab »

HBMan23 wrote:I WOULD like to see cautions in the race! It would add to the realism and the experience, although SOME of the guys in the league would, unquestionably, not be able to handle running cautions! I agree, bg, it would be awesome to have cautions, but i don't see it happening with the way things are now! :grin:
I really wish Heat had multiplayer cautions. I would have won a handful of races in many series with another twist added to the race like that, and a second chance if you spin out, or in my case, someone spins me out. :lol:

I've been in a full length exhibition race (263 laps) with Heat and "cautions", it's fun but hard to coordinate. It would be cool if they worked but it's just not realistic for Heat.
Steve aka Etab