my new pc

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
BBFFsly1

my new pc

Post by BBFFsly1 »

man thay have not yet started building it yet
there are going to be starting on it this weekend got a 4200 motherboard and a 500 power supply cd rom and floppy and the bigest gig hard drive out there..and the most ram thay can get in it... but what video card should i have them put in it thay never ask ??? and the guys building it are not gamers
so i want it get the best one out there for games so what should i tell them i need??
going to format this old pc just to see if i can get wheel to work on hear... it works on soninlaw pc... i hate windos me...
and iam haven them put windos xp on the new one
BBFFsly1
( Johnny)
WildFire

Re: my new pc

Post by WildFire »

Sly, I had recently bought a new system from Dell. And the graphics card I had them first put into it. Was hell for me, especially for racing on NR2003 it made the game look like it was hesitating. The best thing I can tell ya is go on the internet and do alot of research for your new system it took me about 3 days to find the right one that would work with my system. alot on the market wouldn't let me use it on my new dell. So I went back to old school. and pulled out an old graphics card from an old ancient computer and it works like a gem now. My other old dell computer that I use to use for racing was NVIDIA GEForce FX 5200 graphics card. But I don't know if that would be compatible with your system. They have different types of the FX 5200 try doing a google search on it.

WF
bover907

Post by bover907 »

I personally like the Nvidia cards myself. Many people seem to have trouble with ATI cards and racing games. You need to find out if the new mother board you are getting is a pci-express or agp mother board. those are the two type of video card slots that you may have. PCI express is the newer type. Once you find that out, you can order the appropriate video card. I got an FX 5500 when I built the new computer at tax time. It has265 mb ram on it, and it was under $100. Good bang for buck ratio. Now, for instance the newer like FX6800's are like 300 bucks but with only 128 MB ram. So, IMO it's better to get a slightly older gpu with twice the vid ram for uner half the price. That's how I ended up picking the FX5500 card.

Follow all that? LOL

Bover907
--------------------
BBFF MEMBER

Edited by: bover907 at: 6/15/05 10:01 pm
fatfreddy17

Post by fatfreddy17 »

The 6800 has massive overclock ability, and more pipelines.

I suggest you consider how demanding the games are that you play, and what level of graphics you want to see.

It doesn't matter what GPU you buy, the next new game you buy will make your GPU look obsolete

freddy