Forum Teams Section

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Ramrock47
League Member

Forum Teams Section

Post by Ramrock47 »

Whats up with the teams section on the front page here,..its always under constuction,..is anything being done with that? I was just wondering, because it never changes,..its always the same,..UNDER CONSTUCTION... :worm
Ramrock47
DusterLag
League Member

Re: Forum Teams Section

Post by DusterLag »

I know that they are working on this... lol
It is related to the login and user profile data they are working on...
I dont think lepage has very much free time & beleive he is doing it all himself.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Although Duster maybe correct ,(NOT a top priority)
.......My take on this Ram ....is this.

The league Admins late last year felt a few ,now :-k,...(few meaning 2 ) drivers ,were placing too much empasis on team standings
and issued a "Lets have less concern about teams and focus more concern about individual standings and proper behavior and sportsmanship in the NHRL."
So that area of the main page has been left in lImbo,i guess ,for the time being.
Although,I'm confused as to why their is still improper behavior occurring ,almost weekly, thereby lowering the percentage of
real true sportsmanship that this league is capable of.Which in this members opinion is actually, at times, teetering on the edge and into the Abyss of unsportsmanlike conduct by a few members (SEE above notation on definition of the word "few")

AS far as TEAMS go,btw, TEAM SPEED BRIGADE members ,Speedyexiter,and Wild Child ( who is on special assignment ,and being the dedicated team member and driver that he is , is still communicating pertinant information to TEAM SPEED BRIGADE) have issued a
a subsequent notification that all drivers please refrain from chatting any braggadocian comments to any OF its drivers/and or members, in either PM's in the forum and/or the NHRL Multiplayer server and/or any other Multiplayer server/ lobby/chat,etc.... including the "TY"chats (that are annoying and unnecessary) and only typed in a self-exultant attempt to look good! These "TY"s "are NOT welcomed !!!

In other words ..TEAM SPEED BRIGADE IS ON A MISSION AND TAKING NO PRISONERS. :ezboardmad
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

We're pretty close to launching the login system for the website. DusterLag originally helped us set up the system and everything works in principal. We simply haven't had time to put the finishing touches on some of the necessary pages. It'll happen though.

We do plan on incorporating team features on the website. However, given some of the team grudge matches, this has slid down our list of priorities. I've always viewed teams as a fun sub-story to the league, but unfortunately certain individuals have turned them into a rivalry. :roll
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Rivalry? Uh....yeah. That's a part of competition, although it needs to include civility. Our team has several close friends outside the team. You have to earn respect though. With team members you at least have someone that is more likely to be there to count on helping you out some times, and someone to encourage you on those race nights you feel all alone and hung out to dry otherwise. I commend your efforts with your team Speedy, but let's not go full swing to pasive agression. TY, though annoying when overused, is an example of a proper and polite response to curtious and respectible behavior. FEEL THE THUNDER! :meanlaughter
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

lepage71 wrote:We're pretty close to launching the login system for the website. DusterLag originally helped us set up the system and everything works in principal. We simply haven't had time to put the finishing touches on some of the necessary pages. It'll happen though.

We do plan on incorporating team features on the website. However, given some of the team grudge matches, this has slid down our list of priorities. I've always viewed teams as a fun sub-story to the league, but unfortunately certain individuals have turned them into a rivalry. :roll
Ok LP, I understand what you mean there,..I was just curious. 8)
Ramrock47
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

groverhardt wrote:Rivalry? Uh....yeah. That's a part of competition, although it needs to include civility. Our team has several close friends outside the team. You have to earn respect though. With team members you at least have someone that is more likely to be there to count on helping you out some times, and someone to encourage you on those race nights you feel all alone and hung out to dry otherwise. I commend your efforts with your team Speedy, but let's not go full swing to pasive agression. TY, though annoying when overused, is an example of a proper and polite response to curtious and respectible behavior. FEEL THE THUNDER! :meanlaughter

YES....A genuine "TY' from you, Grove ,(and several other drivers, my teammate Easton,Reef,Rookie,Bover,Lepage,D3efan,just to mention a few)is not an issue,and are taken in that proper conduct.
Unlees of course ,u have just written me a ticket and are bidding me fairwell,then thats a whole different ballgame...lol
In straight up terms ,the TY's that are tossed out ,not as a curtious,polite,response, but as a way of communicating to
the other drivers in the braggadocian display of.........."hey ..look at me ...im passing someone.....look at me ...im passing another one....Look .....Im passing someone else.....looky...Looky ...looky....im displaying these TY's so u can see i've passed some one......!!! "

Thats not just annoying, but worthless,unproper,unpolite,irritatting ,and simply put.......getting copied by others that may truly be "one of Jerry's Kids,?" ......or did they just choose to be a Retard ,wearing a hockey hat,with his arm in a sling ,that likes to lick the rear window in the back of the bus? Dont freak
As for passive aggression...my post may have seemed that way...ive been a very non aggressive driver for long enuf and its time to venture into new territory.yeah..i started on the wrong foot awile back.and i have given respect to where respect has been earned....i feel I have always been a very clean driver and Most of the members here i get along with and have tried always to not disrupt the speed and flow of things.So,....dont freak.Just take note.TEAM Speed Brigade
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

speedy, almost every driver on the field does it. ive seen lepage do that quite alot in a race usualy mine are just to say thanks for letting me pass
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

SpeedyExiter wrote:Although Duster maybe correct ,(NOT a top priority)
.......My take on this Ram ....is this.

....... ,now :-k,...(few meaning 2 ) drivers ,..........
Hi, you were right :P
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

I'm not a member of any team as of yet but I have to agree with speedy on some of this issue. I don't mind a simple TY when some one passes me as away of curtisy for not giving them a hard time while trying to pass me and some are greatly appretiated and I don't answer cause it's not safe for me to type and drive at the same time so don't think I don't like the idea but when some one rams me then passes and throws a TY in after words is annoying,don't get me wrong I'm not one of the greatest drivers out there but I try real hard to be one of the cleanest ,I do make mistakes and I tend to over drive my cars at times but I am lerning and trying to improve my skills and earn my respect from the rest of the NHRL drivers and hopfly become a member of a team so any advice or help will be accepted and applyed to my future driving...........
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

What does this have to do with team section of forum?
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Bmxtwins wrote:What does this have to do with team section of forum?
BlackKnight wrote:I'm not a member of any team as of yet but I have to agree with speedy on some of this issue. I don't mind a simple TY when some one passes me as away of curtisy for not giving them a hard time while trying to pass me and some are greatly appretiated and I don't answer cause it's not safe for me to type and drive at the same time so don't think I don't like the idea but when some one rams me then passes and throws a TY in after words is annoying,don't get me wrong I'm not one of the greatest drivers out there but I try real hard to be one of the cleanest ,I do make mistakes and I tend to over drive my cars at times but I am lerning and trying to improve my skills and earn my respect from the rest of the NHRL drivers and hopfly become a member of a team so any advice or help will be accepted and applyed to my future driving...........
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image