JUST GOT PAINT 7

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about painting topics.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

JUST GOT PAINT 7

Post by Jes Rathbun »

HEY can someone please tell me .....after i have made my car with the new mod templete how do i get it from a templete to a tex file already made the car <beside the splittter and wing parts they stay yellow and will not turn a new colar for me> i need to kniow how to make it a tex file to use in the nascar heat game :oops:
Stick77
League Member

Re: JUST GOT PAINT 7

Post by Stick77 »

First you have to unclick the car outline. Then save copy as a -Truevision Targa (*.tga). just save it to your desktop.You will need winresTools Wizard to convert the tga file, or thats what im using anyway. Open up Winres and select MKTEX, then browse and select the tga file you saved on your desktop. Change the name to the car tex you desire. Under Output file name click new, example(car777). Then hit convert on the right hand bottom and it should convert the tga file to a car txt on your desktop.Place that in your NHRL cup series folder. After that you will need to edit your Drivers. So in you folder Click Drivers. Copy one starting with table driver and end with end ,then paste it in the same folder. Change the numbers to your car txt and bam you should have a car. All body styles should be Pcar
Last edited by Stick77 on Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

not workin
:cry:
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

:(
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

WORKS NOW thanks stick :grin:
T_Master
Forum Member

Post by T_Master »

I am having some issues also I am sure it is due to me not having a clue what i'm doing but,,,,,saved the painted skin as tga file on desktop but cannot get it to convert to tex when i hit the convert button nothin happens always says o files coverted can anybody give me a few tips that might get me thru this. thxs
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Look for the .tex file in the folder you specified. It's there. the 0 files converted in that little box if for when ur doing a batch conversion. if you hit the ms dos button you'll see a box that'll say:
*************start************

**************end************

If nothing is in between those lines, you did it ok.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image