Brands Hatch Rescheduled

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
Reef
League Member

Brands Hatch Rescheduled

Post by Reef »

The Brands Hatch race has been rescheduled to 5.20.07 at 9pm est. Please make note of this change
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Glad to hear it's been rescheduled. Told lepage to put me back into nbs again... cya there 8)
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Cool i should make this one!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I wish peeps would show up for the 'difficult' races just like they show up for the super speedway races. How come when there is a road course, or an IRP type track only 8 people show up and then when there's a daytona race, there's like 22 people there?

Quit being Skairt, or Skeered or what ever you call it. (I call it being a wuss to be honest) So quit being a wuss and show up and drive!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

some people have a legit reason for not being there, but i know we could have at least enough people to have a official race. you guys need to stop being such pansies and race. the reason youre getting your butt kicked is because you dont run races that require a little practice. or skill whichever applies.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

I dont race here, but I agree with bover and adam, I spend a lot of time PRACTICING cup just to get MY ass kicked every time we race, some drivers have good excuses, but if you sign up to race you should make your best effort to do so, NOT make up excuses because you suck at certain tracks
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

If my bgn car is as fast as my cup car was i should have something for your A$$. Just gotta keep from wreckin.( Damn wall)
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Stick77 wrote:If my bgn car is as fast as my cup car was i should have something for your A$$. Just gotta keep from wreckin.( Damn wall)
Thats the spirit Stick!!! Keep trying and practicing, from that (Damn wall)
I know exactly how you feel! lol
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

BBFF interpreter :jester
I wish peeps would show up for the 'difficult' races
[-o< :worm: ](*,)
just like they show up for the super speedway races
:worm: \:D/
Quit being Skairt, or Skeered or what ever you call it. (I call it being a wuss to be honest)
:scared: :scared: :clubber :cat:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

lmao @ Rookie
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
EagleKeeper
League Member

road courses

Post by EagleKeeper »

road courses have never brought large numbers of racers.
just look at past NHRL numbers.
also..... we love the sport of nascar.... we watch it, we dream it,.... we play it!
but.... in real life.... 97% of the Nascar tracks are NOT road courses.
NHRL has:
the Glen
Sears Point
Indy RCT
and now.... Brands Hatch
oh... and the Brickyard and Pocono are almost road courses.

Just as it is in the real life nascar.... there is usually only a select group of drivers who love the road courses.... and even fewer drivers that are actually good at them.

NHRL is no different..... there is only a select group of drivers who love the road courses.... and even fewer drivers that are actually good at them.

If ya look at past NHRL attendance levels...... only the Glen brings large numbers.

Now... add into the mix.... that NHRL members have to download this new track.... install it, create a setup, and learn a new track...... along with find time in our schedules to do this.... and "BLAMMO" ~no one shows.

If it were me.... I'd cancel the "Hatch" ... and add a Chicagoland or Kansas.

Just my 2 cents.

EK :wink:
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

We've never really designed or scheduled around mimicking NASCAR, but rather finding fun and creative courses to best enjoy the game NASCAR Heat.

I don't think there's anything wrong with visiting a few new courses each season, venues in which no particular driver has an immediate advantage. Brands Hatch is more interesting than Daytona and Talladega by a wide margin, but few are asking for those drafting events to go away. In fact, the Cup event at Brands Hatch was perhaps the most competitive and compelling event that we've had this season, despite the small field of 11.

I don't think this is a road-course issue. This is a so-called "challenging track" issue. Also review: IRP, Miami, Brickyard, Chicagoland, Kansas Speedway, and New Hamsphire.

We scheduled Brands Hatch after an empty weekend and encouraged drivers to post quality setups, setups which I have tested and are all competitive. Finally, many NBS roster drivers had equipment, travel, other issues that combined on that date to present a field problem. It is those 3 or 4 "MIA" drivers that created this problem, and could have been avoided if the league was given some idea about their absence.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

I thought i posted that i wouldnt make the race, but i guess i didnt. I would of made it if i didnt have a migraine that a whole bottle of tylenol couldnt get rid of, anyway enough excuses. I had alot of fun running brands hatch , it seemed alot of cars were pretty closely matched. You really had to be on your game every corner or you would get passed. It was probably the most fun i have had racing(minus hitting the over pass thing and spinning 15 times ](*,) ). Im looking forward to the make up race and getting another shot .
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

Road courses do suck, but brands hatch is suprisingly less sucky than watkins and sears point.

and i hate to sound like one of those cheesy infomercials, but if i can be competitive at this place, anyone can.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

it aint easy bein cheesy