Foreign substance

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Stick77
League Member

Foreign substance

Post by Stick77 »

How about Michael Waltrip Racing? Man thats gotta hurt just starting a new team! Seems like a harsh penaltie to me,seeing as Nascar will not reveal what the foreign substance was in the intake.Sounds like some BBFF buffunary to me.
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

I'll have to agree with Jimmy Spencer and say it's not harsh enough. I think Michael Waltrip, as the owner and driver, should really have more responsibility for that and should be ejected. I'm not sure why that Kennedy guy was ejected; he wasn't the crew chief.

Bobby Kennedy [MWR VP of Competition] and David Hyder [crew chief] ejected from track and suspended indefinitely
David Hyder fined $100,000
Michael Waltrip docked 100 driver points
Owner Buffy Waltrip docked 100 owenrs points
Michael Waltrip's qualifying time disallowed from Sunday's Daytona 500 qualfiying, but will be allowed to run in his Duel 150 in a backup car.

On another note, the penalties for the #10 and #19 are bogus (not just because I'm a Sadler and Riggs fan) -- before inspection they asked if the bolts attaching the decklid were legal, they were from 2006, and apparently they weren't. Now Evernham's in a hole with the loss of 3 crew chiefs, 50 points for Kahne, and 25 apiece for Sadler and Riggs, not to mention $100,000 worth of penalties.
Steve aka Etab