Merry Christmas

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
d3efan
League Administrator

Merry Christmas

Post by d3efan »

Have a happy holiday season guys.
Last edited by d3efan on Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildFire
Forum Member

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by WildFire »

d3efan wrote:Have a happy holiday season guys. Ill see you at IROC. I'm thinking about pulling a Mark Martin "limited" schedule next season. In fact, I probably will. I'll leave the points chase to you young guys and will race stricktly for money! But I'm not hanging up the wheel yet so admins, I'd like to stay on the Cup roster for next year if that's OK.
Happy Holidays everyone. I'm with u d3, race for money!!! hehe :grin:
WildFire
Forum Member

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by WildFire »

d3efan wrote:Have a happy holiday season guys. Ill see you at IROC. I'm thinking about pulling a Mark Martin "limited" schedule next season. In fact, I probably will. I'll leave the points chase to you young guys and will race stricktly for money! But I'm not hanging up the wheel yet so admins, I'd like to stay on the Cup roster for next year if that's OK.
Actually to be honest, I would like to go the same route as D3 on the schedule next season. I would just like to be on the cup roster, if that's ok with you guys, and just run a limited schedule next season. Thanks.
camry
League Member

Post by camry »

Hey D3, glad you started this first, lol. I was leaning between email or post.

I also plan on running a non-fulltime schedule next season. While it is a game and i'm not forced to be here, l really enjoy with racing NHRL and most of the drivers. Just the burden of needing to post that I need a sub and stuff makes this more of a job then a hobby.

I believe this has been frowned on in the past, but I hope that it can be allowed. Shit outside of people telling the admins they need a sub, a good part of the member drivers technically run on a part-time basis, but it's just that they are considered fulltime.

I feel more comfortable in the Carl Long, Morgan Shephard role of racing when I can at this point in time.

There are several others reasons, but i'll leave those for behind doors convos.

Will
Free Agent
bover907
League Administrator

Merry Merry, and happy happy

Post by bover907 »

everybody in the league whom I don't talk to on a regular basis, have a Happy Holiday season if I don't talk to ya.

Also, don't forget to stop by bover's custom paintshop if you need fresh paint for next year! http://paintshop.bover907.com
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

We were going to allow one or two drivers to do this, but now we have 5 or 6 which does present problems.

There are several changes planned for the schedule that are designed to make it easier for drivers to do a complete season. The schedule will likely be shortened to 20 events and starting times moved one hour earlier. The new points system (the best yet in my opinion) will also work very well within this schedule and will not penalize drivers as much for missing the occasional event.

We will have to think more about this part-time stuff now that seemingly half the league wants to do it. The best thing to do during the offseason is message one of the admins on AOL or Yahoo so that we can talk about it.
camry
League Member

Post by camry »

When you saw earlier you mean 8 and 10 instead of 9 and 11?
Free Agent
MinnerWinner
Forum Member

Post by MinnerWinner »

ill run a full schedule next season, im guessing ill be the only rookie.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

this was more of a holiday greeting and a warning that I may run bad (even worse than I already do!) and miss races because of my schedule now and no time to practice. I'll catch you guys on ventrilo and let's do some off-season pick-up stuff since I'm already having racing withdrawls.
Last edited by d3efan on Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

d3efan wrote:when I said part time I meant running maybe 10-15 of the 20 scheduled events (as many as I can). I like you guys, I like this league, and by gosh, people like me too! (SNL)=snigger=

this was more of a holiday greeting and a warning that I may run bad (even worse than I already do!) and miss races because of my schedule now and no time to practice. I'll catch you guys on ventrilo and let's do some off-season pick-up stuff since I'm already having racing withdrawls.
Hey D3,

If I could make 15 races I would think I was full time.. But life has changed for me big time the last several weeks on the home front, and quite frankly I like it!! I just can't make that kind of commiment on the weekends anymore.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

heck with it. im gonna run 'em all!
Last edited by d3efan on Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

You go Girl! LMAO!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image