Sears Point Off-Road Driving

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
lepage71
League Administrator

Sears Point Off-Road Driving

Post by lepage71 »

We had another fun event at Sears Point in the CUP race last night.

After looking at the replay, however, I feel that some of the off-road driving was excessive. There were several clear examples of drivers cutting the course and consequently beating other drivers who were following the league rules.
A driver may not cut across the gravel, grass, sand, or other off-road areas in order to gain a speed advantage. The league administrators will recognize situations in which competitors simply lose control of their car and slide off of the racing surface. The occasional off-road adventure is acceptable (and sometimes even fun), but the administators will assess penalties when drivers demonstrate repeated patterns of cutting the course.
At all times, a car should maintain four wheels on the racing surface. The red-and-white rumble strips bordering the turns at road courses are considered part of the racing surface, but please use some caution when driving over these bumps. On many occasions, competitors actually run over a portion of the grass [or gravel, etc.] while navigating the rumble strips. When the league administrators review races, drivers are permitted several violations of the four-tire rule, but consistent offenders can expect penalties.
I'm mentioning this so that everyone has an understanding for the NBS race tonight. I encourage everyone to save a replay of their laps and watch what their car is doing in regards to the track surface.

Thanks
DusterLag
League Member

Re: Sears Point Off-Road Driving

Post by DusterLag »

Well, I went off track often in several different location, however I ofter lost significant time in slowing to try & not get on to the dirt/grass especially after the s's...
I'm hoping mistakes, especially ones that lost you time, don't count towards penalties....
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver