server nbs

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
sly1
League Member

server nbs

Post by sly1 »

the server that we have been tweeking are cup setups in is NBS ...i have seen this past 2 races...on race night server is cup??????? so is this why my setup come race night feels like not same car i was runing.....now i got to asks from what happing to me...the A word i call it a brain fart lol....so is there a different or is it my brain telling me ther is .... cup...nbs
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Re: server nbs

Post by SpeedyExiter »

sly1 wrote:the server that we have been tweeking are cup setups in is NBS ...i have seen this past 2 races...on race night server is cup??????? so is this why my setup come race night feels like not same car i was runing.....now i got to asks from what happing to me......the A word i call it a brain fart lol....so is there a different or is it my brain telling me ther is .... cup...nbs

Things happening to ya like this: :lol:

http://www.zanorg.com/prodperso/hyperactive_machine.htm :mrgreen:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

when you see cup or nbs in the server, it doesn't matter, it won't make your game 'behave differntly'.

What mod you're running is what you join with. Cup or NBS is mainly just a name.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Then i ask u this ,Bover,... why does Lepage always say " I'm turning on the NBS server" after the race???
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

There are slight variences in onling vs. offline racing. That is one reason why it is soooooooo important to practice with the rest of us ON LINE. Sly I feel I know you, and I like you man, but you really shouldn't post when you're on that stuff. :badgrin: You just open yourself up man.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

SpeedyExiter wrote:Then i ask u this ,Bover,... why does Lepage always say " I'm turning on the NBS server" after the race???
Well I submit this, Speedy.......

The practice dates back to IRF days where IRF listed the mod running when you browsed heat servers on it's interface, Same as heatfinder.net does now. The programs are designed to launch the appropriate mod on your computer. NHRL used to have two seperate servers for this very reason.

Also, that NBS and Cup races may have different lengths which would show up in the schedule which is on the server's end. Thus the nesessity to have a certain mod turned on.

Lepage simply turns on the NBS server figuring that after saturday night's cup races we'll naturally practice for the next night's NBS race.

If people get the heebie-jeebies by running the 'wrong mod' maybe the leauge would be able to get back into the practice of permenantly hosting two servers again. I don't know if that's a possibility.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
sly1
League Member

Post by sly1 »

ok thanks bov. i thought it was just name thing but had to asked
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

This isn't going to be a popular statement, and I'll probably get bashed as bad as poor Ms California did.

With regard to when people refer to the server making their car behave differently on different days.... Many times I hear guys say their car was tight on tuesday, and loose on thursday.......

I think a lot of guys suffer from a case of mind over matter.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

lol good one brover but might be true. i think some times to but i know it just me . it all in the way some one drive it. one time some one can drive it the way it fills good to them and then the defrent the next i know i do it a lot . ill have a grate setup run grate one day then with the same setup run difrent becoulse the change in driven and no changeing the setup . :lol:
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Edumication.