team stats

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
lepage71
League Administrator

team stats

Post by lepage71 »

After experimenting with team statistics during the 2008-09 CTS season, Donaldson has volunteered to provide assistance for a permanent team standings that will be generated on the website. Occasionally, he may need to ask around about team rosters or confirm who was or was not on a team at a certain moment in time, so in these cases please be as helpful as possible so that we can provide accurate statistics.
tjwild
League Member

Re: team stats

Post by tjwild »

kool i will provide my best info i can to help when he is ready
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

If a team with 5 drivers are in the top 15 and a team of 2 or 3 drivers are in the top 15 the team with 5 or more drivers will win every time do to those drivers taking the postions. What if a driver on a team is a part time driver or not running a full schedule? I think the drivers (on a team) with the 2 highest finishing postions should be counted/scored. I beleive in order to have a team you need 2 ...right. This will insure competion with the teams and owners and make it fair to teams with less drivers. Just my penny and a half

Love the idea :grin:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Roush-Fennway Racing has 5 cars. Stewart Haas racing has 2 cars. Roush-Fennway Racing has a better chance of winning the owner's championship than Stewart Haas Racing does. It's how it is.
  1. You want to win the team championship, you do two things.
  2. Fill your team up with the max of 4 drivers. You do this by makeing your team attractive to prospective teammates.
  3. You and your teammates run up front and gain the most team points. This in turn helps you to better accomplish the second part of #1, thus feeding the circle of life.
It's like when George Carlin brought up how nowadays there's no more looser, just the last winner. Then, no kid knows what it's like to loose something until he's an adult, and he's not prepared for it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image