more pitting or whatnot

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

more pitting or whatnot

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Everything is now 4 times wear, is the league looking for us to pit more.. or is it just time for the vets to redo there setups :shock: to make everything a bit more interesting :p "even the field a little more" IDK just wondering on other drivers take on the 4 time wear thingy :|
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: more pitting or whatnot

Post by Rookiesrock »

Cup and NBS have been switching between 3x and 4x since 2005. LMAO@Jesse, if I remember correctly, you were hammered in 2007 the last time we were 4x wear.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

:shock: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! :!: :doubt: SHIT sorry to waist a post on my own stupidity ..so it looks like I may get hammered again .....please use lube this time ..lol.... :roll:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I think by hammered he meant pickled, which ultimately resulted in the hammering. :grin:
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
gsxr1000k5
League Member

Post by gsxr1000k5 »

it's a shame there isnt a legitimate yellow flag option, to really put pit strategy into the races. oh well, there'd probably be more caution laps than racing, which i guess would be an accurate representation of real cup racing
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

gsxr1000k5 wrote:it's a shame there isnt a legitimate yellow flag option, to really put pit strategy into the races. oh well, there'd probably be more caution laps than racing, which i guess would be an accurate representation of real cup racing
Yea ,I've hoped for the same thing for years,seems like somebody could fix that,but I've been told it's not possible.And you are right,a man would either have to have someone sit beside him and work out strategies or do it himself on the fly,because having a set strategy would not be a definate.And as far as adding another stop to races I guess instead of finishing 1 or 2 laps down now it will be 3,4 or 5 for me.Maybe my best "strategy" would be to take a provisional every race and hope I started shotgun and didn't have to try and not clip the man behind me's front end every time I pit.I practice it over and over and over and still manage to screw up at least once every race.
But I sure would like to see somebody fix multi-player cautions for this game,that would be great.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Doesn't EA versions have some type of yellow flag feature? I don't know. Maybe it's the program engine that prevents it in heat. I would pay for that tho if someone finally figured a way to do it after all these years.
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

groverhardt wrote:Doesn't EA versions have some type of yellow flag feature? I don't know. Maybe it's the program engine that prevents it in heat. I would pay for that tho if someone finally figured a way to do it after all these years.
I'd pitch in on that to!!!
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Im surprised there isnt some type of setting.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Nope, it's impossible to have cautions in online heat races. the EA games have them, but their multiplayer code sucks, and you'd be limited in field size to 16, and that's pushing it.

NR2k3 has online cautions, but we don't use that game because there's just a lot not to like about it.

So, it is what it is.

On a side note, I think the lack of cautions keeps people honest in that they have to watch their driving because a mistake is instantly going to put you 1 or 2 laps down. You can't just cause a problem and use the yellow flag as a crutch.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

bover907 wrote:
On a side note, I think the lack of cautions keeps people honest in that they have to watch their driving because a mistake is instantly going to put you 1 or 2 laps down. You can't just cause a problem and use the yellow flag as a crutch.
It sure would help though when you are the victim of somebody elses frig up !!!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

retroracer wrote:It sure would help though when you are the victim of somebody elses frig up !!!
Trust me, I've felt that pain MANY times. MAAAAAAANY times.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i think the new way of pitting is working out grate makes the race more enter rusting to me
and dont have long ways to go to get to the pit
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

That's not a new way of pitting. That's just the way you always pit at daytona. With it being a quater-mile between turn4 and pit road, we don't enter the apron in turn 3.

Next race after Daytona, you'd better be pitting off turn3 as usual for intermediate/short tracks. :wink:
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

o ok ty very much would been missing that one up :lol: