Drafting Tip

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
bover907
League Administrator

Drafting Tip

Post by bover907 »

Here's something that all you new guys should know about drafting. Contrary to real world NASCAR, in the game BUMP DRAFTING DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!! All it does is screw up the second (bumping) car's front spoiler, which will make him slow and tight when he is leading. The other ill effect is that it makes the car being pushed loose. the best drafting distance is so that you just can't see under the car in front's rear bumper when in cockpit view. For all you guys who use a view other than cockpit, you'll have to figure out what that distance is. It'll register you .1 sec behind the driver in front.

Again for the stubborn...... BUMP DRAFTING DOES NOT WORK!

Thank you for your time.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Re: Drafting Tip

Post by SpeedyExiter »

=D> =D> \:D/ :newspaper Thank you Bover!! :mrgreen:
SEE...... ](*,) < no good :twisted:
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

hmmm really tell that to rookie when he is up my azz and we are cruis'n i'm not loose :wink:
Kyle
gsxr1000k5
League Member

Post by gsxr1000k5 »

kyle wrote:hmmm really tell that to rookie when he is up my azz and we are cruis'n i'm not loose
hmmm really tell that to rookie when he is up my azz and we are cruis'n i'm not loose :wink:

what you guys do in your personal time should not be shared in the cup forum :lol: :lol: :lol:

just kidding haha
Sennheiserl
League Member

Post by Sennheiserl »

cheers bover this has help me out heaps with learning how to draft as ive never had to do it before. hope to see you all in the server sometime

Cheers SennNZ
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

kyle wrote:hmmm really tell that to rookie when he is up my azz and we are cruis'n i'm not loose :wink:
Yes, my friend, but when you get your BF for sliding into pit road too fast, and then he is left to lead himself, his bumper is wasted.

Yes, most of us veterans can handle our car when WE WANT SOMEONE PUSHING but for the most part, it is better to just stay really close, but not banging into the car in front.

The MAIN rason I posted this, and what I should have clarified, is that every year there's some new guy(s) who haven't been taught any better who are in like 10th place bumping the shit out of the 9th place driver's bumper when that 9th place guy is just staying in line.

Save your bumper to the end, then if you are cautious enough, you could maybe get somewhere with it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

just rattling your cage my friend :badgrin:
Kyle
bover907
League Administrator