Logitech wheel profiler

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
RoushFenway9916
League Member

Logitech wheel profiler

Post by RoushFenway9916 »

I was wondering if anybody can help me with an issue I am having. During the races, I am unable to type things such as "go high," "sorry," "thanks," etc. It's all I can do just to type out "pppp" and "xxxx" without wrecking (I guess I just can't do two things at once). Anyway, I was told that you can set certain buttons on your wheel to automatically type that stuff out for you at the touch of that button. I was instructed to use the cd that came with the wheel and use the profiler to make these settings. Well, I did that this afternoon and when I go into the profiler, it says that it cannot recognize any controller being connected. I have tried unplugging and plugging back in... I have tried plugging into various USB ports.... and I have tried restarting and doing everything I have already mentioned again. It simply will not recognize it, but I have no trouble going into Heat and racing... it recognizes it there with no issues. Any suggestions?
Image Image
bmxtwins
League Member

Re: Logitech wheel profiler

Post by bmxtwins »

first u need this:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/441/3 ... s=0&file=0

go to the profiler. Select the button u want. Type t "and your message". Then save. Go to options or something, set it to run at startup of pc. Go into heat and try it.
Do you have a new momo?? I may be able to send u my profiler. Ill try to get some screenies for you later
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

You were so anxious to type a reply, that you didn't even read his post right. He already has the software, he's just wondering why his software doesn't acknowledge that his wheel is actualy connected, even thought it plays fine in heat.

Try uninstaling and then reinstalling the software. (unplug your wheel, uninstall the software, then follow the installation instructions on the CD). In the event you don't have the CD anymore, then BMX's post above could be useful.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
RoushFenway9916
League Member

Thanks Bover. It's a little late tonight for me to screw with it again, but I am going to work on it tomorrow morning provided I am not working. Working as a substitute teacher has its perks by getting random days off, but it also sucks that you can have streaks of no income!
Image Image
gsxr1000k5
League Member

Post by gsxr1000k5 »

roush and i got the wheel recognized last night, the profiler will even launch the game, and from my understanding he typed the commands properly and we go into the multiplayer server and they wont work. thats the current predicament we are at with getting this resolved for him.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Make a new profile. I have one that quit working in the game years ago and has never worked again. So I made a new one.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Can you post your steps incase anyone should ever come across this again.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Can you post your steps incase anyone should ever come across this again.
If your talking about reprogramming your buttons, here's the link for that.

http://www.nascarheatracingleague.com/f ... =17&t=8668
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

I had a hard time getting my wheel to type in the game too and how I finally got it to work was to do this: In the profiler, click options, then click global profiler settings. Then click apply persistant profile and select the name of the profile you created. This should allow you to use your wheel to type the commands in any text field and also in the game. Hope it helps.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Also, can you post to tell us when you have to urinate?
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I tried to hold it but I couldn't any longer.
RoushFenway9916
League Member

LMAO @ Petty! Sure I'll make sure to leave a running post of my day's activities lol. Thanks gtsvip, I'll give that a try. Hopefully I can get this thing working... me and computers don't get along so well!
Image Image