CTS Team Standings After Richmond

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Truck Series.
Donaldson
League Member

CTS Team Standings After Richmond

Post by Donaldson »

Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: CTS Team Standings After Richmond

Post by Rookiesrock »

See what I meant by the 2 teammate averaging. MAX racing finished all 5 members in front of all but 1 of NHRL's drivers. And we still averaged worse. I hate it when well laid out plans go array.
Donaldson
League Member

Re: CTS Team Standings After Richmond

Post by Donaldson »

Yes i noticed this too, but in some occasions this will happen in the current format. Lepage won the race and led the most laps so theres 11 points automatically averaged in for his team above anyone else and MAX did have 10 points in penalities this race so theres 21 points higher averaged in above MAX. If not for the penatlies you guys would have been almost deadlocked in the points for this race.

If i was doing must have 3 drivers for teams instead of 2 drivers , Only Last lap motorsports and Rathbun Racing would be scored in all events because they are the only 2 teams that have had 3 drivers compeat in all races thus far.

Also with only a 2 person team they take a huge risk of 1 person not showing up and thus will not recieve any points for not meeting the 2 driver minimum for that race. In a 20 race season this would be a huge problem for team NHRL. Its highley unlikely both would be able to make all 20 races and would probabley have to get a 3rd driver in if they wanted to compeat for the team championship.

Theres a long long list of advantages and disadvantages for team standings. I'm keeping track offline of a few different scenarios i came up with. But for now, i wanna see how this team average format works because i believe its the best way to go.