Geez

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
bover907
League Administrator

Geez

Post by bover907 »

For what did I receive the dangerous driving penalty on lap 71 of the bristol race? Not reacting fast enough when speedy exite slammed his brakes at midpoint down straight away? I locked my brakes down, wasn't going to turn down into jrfan381, who was down there, and the way he suddenly went low, I thought he was going to get ready to pit. I wouldn't have had time to turn anyway.

Jrfan probably wasn't pitting, just was more the wiser than me about Speedy's Bristol method of braking suddenly at the midpoint of the straightaway.

Bogus penalty if I ever saw one. Sheesh! Why don't we get penalties then, for moving up on a driver when you 'think' ur clear? Hmmmm? I guess hitting someone is ok if it's for position in the draft.

Accidents happen, being unable to react to a sudden braking at an unusual place, That's not dangerous driving.

Good call! =D>
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
jrfan381
League Member

Re: Geez

Post by jrfan381 »

bover907 wrote: Jrfan probably wasn't pitting, just was more the wiser than me about Speedy's Bristol method of braking suddenly at the midpoint of the straightaway.
Exactly, Speedy checked up all of a sudden so I cut low under him, and from the looks of the replay Speedy continued up the track, right into Bover's path, leaving him little or no time to react
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

And, btw.... My post is in no way speedy-bashing.... Who know's what speedy was doing or thinking, or for that matter, which way his car was actually pointing....

You could ask me, jrfan, and speedy, and all three of us would give different versions of what we saw on that backstraight of lap 71. Therefore I can't deduct how someone could deduct my intent on 'dangerous driving'. On my replay... it looks like speedy was doing the dangerous driving. On speedy's replay, who knows, maybe he was fishtailing ever since he came out of turn 2, and when he 'appeared to stop' to me, he actually got to the point of no return with his car. We've all done that, haven't we? I certainly know I have. and I have never been penalized for inadvertantly loosing my car. I am not sure anyone else has before either. To the same point. I can't ever remember anyone getting penalized for not having enough time to react to someone inadvertantly loosing their car. especially at bristol.

I could pm this stuff, but I think it'll not be productive, so I might as well ask in public, just for the gratification I'll receive by doing so.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

You'll also get a penalty for driving down pit road (with or without cars) worrying about what line you after be right of. Usually and i don't know about others, this is the time i am checking/making adjustments to my car, multitasking to many things i am doing going down pit road and trying to remember oh hey also be to the right of the white dashing line. In my opinion it's time to get rid of all these stupid little last of the year championship points that come into play, and start worrying about the talent that comes into these points races. Since i get a penalty for driving down pit road then somebody should get a penalty for being "out of their mind" instead of "out of their line". I mean really, a penalty for driving down pit road, is something i have never agreed with. I would like the reasoning behind this rule placement. What incident caused such a drastic impact on a race to include this rule? And i want no counterpoint of the entering or exiting rule, i am strictly talking about when driving "down" pit road not entering or exiting. I have never gotten a penalty ever in this league until the pit road central scrutinizer came around.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Nascar uses this rule every week. We are trying to avoid pit road incidents that would result in damage to 1 or more cars from being stacked up. There have been several incicents in past seasons that caused this rule to be put in place.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

10-4 Reef, thanks. Just wanted to know if this was a result of something on track that had to be called to action for future NHRL sanctioned races. See you on the track.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Nevermind. I recind my "geez".

Just remember guys. When you come off a corner at bristol third in a 3 car line, and the first car does the straightaway 22 miles slower than he had been doing them, and the second car in line goes all the way down to the bottom of the race track, You are faced with the following options...
  1. stay high until you've realized you're closing really fast on the guy in front at which point it's too late.
  2. take the middle, thus making it three wide, or
  3. brake really hard while coming out of the corner, and get behind the #2 car in line.
The correct answer is C!

On my replay, for whatever reason, I kind of followed speedy's car up the track. That's probably where the penalty comes from. I can't remember what was going on in my head 3 1/2 weeks after the fact. If I had known a day or two after the race that I had an indedent in question, I might have remembered what was going on, and maybe even been in position to give rebuttle, or even more likely, accept the penalty for what it was. But I have no earthly idea what was going thru my mind. I could speculate that I was very supprised by my closing rate to Speedy's car, and how early he slowed. For whatever reason, he only accelerated to 122 mph, then slowed down midpoint on the straightaway. My only guess is it took me by suprise. I should have just not accelerated at all, and actually braked so that I could stay behind jrfan 381 thru there. Who'd a thunk it?

I guess what it boils down to is this. Could we PLEASE find out about questionable incedents a couple days after the fact, so we can send you our replay, or what have you? Or maybe that isn't an option. We always talk about things not being what they seem on thin servers, why shouldn't we be inclined to send our replays. It'd at least let you gusy see our real point of view, as far as if penalties are warranted. If a replay isn't provided, no room for argument, right?

Screw the ten points. I ain't even debating that I drove dangerously anymore, because I have no idea, and probably was.

If someone (admns, or veteran drivers alike) doesn't mind. Could you please look at my replay, and advise me on how to handle that situation the right way for future reference so I could try to make a learning experience out of it? I am serious here.

Speedy, I know we've talked about this incedent, and you said "It's all good", but I still want to apologize for whatever my wrong part was in that. Also, I am going to 'adopt' (for lack of a better word), and provide you with as many setups and help as I can. I know ur trying, which is more than we can say for some. So, consider yourself in the TTR Driver Development program, lol. See you on the track.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image