IRP Blanket Apology

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
retroracer
League Administrator

IRP Blanket Apology

Post by retroracer »

Just wanted to let everybody I got into tonight know how sorry I am.I've never been a front runner but for the most part have at least been decent enough to at least be able to get out of the way when the need be,and never been a wreck looking for a place to happen.Tonight I ran like I'd never been on the track before.Its bad when you gameplan is to stay out of the way and you still run over or get ran over by nearly everyone in the race.I know I got into EF,Lepage and who knows who else.Sorry guys !!!!! First race I've ever been in where I felt like the best thing to do for all involved was to disconnect.Which after pitting 4 times in the first 60 laps is what I did.And to think I voted yes for that track,I dont know if it was my monitor or what but the graphics there are terrible,a black car[LIKE THE ONE I DRIVE} just barely showed up.But thats still no excuse,well hope ya'll accept my apologies one thing I dont want to be is somebody everybody afraid to race with.
OH and by the way Actlabs that little incident during practice was all in humor,I was just messing with you,you should feel good now that I look back I ran with you more than anybody during the race and never touched you to the best of my knowledge,lol.
Also seeing as how the rookies hve been catching a bad rap here lately,I thought I'd do my part as per Rookies request to not make them feel so bad and unwanted.So to you new young guns this should at least take the heat off of you and onto me atleast for this week anyway.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
DaveO
League Member

Re: IRP Blanket Apology

Post by DaveO »

Hey Retro, we all have our shitty tracks. I think you are being a little to hard on yourself. Ok yes, you had a bad race, but you are also one of the most considerate, and clean drivers that are out on the track, and I would race you side by side at any track. :grin: Retro you should see me try to drive Martinsville. Man I suck at that track big time, and I ain't kidding!! Ask anyone!! LOL.. Last night when I showed up for happy hour I saw alot of drivers having a hard time driving IRP. I had planned on doing fuel just like everyone else. But at the last minute I switched to speed meaning doing 29 laps and pitting one extra time. I did this cuz I was nervous I was gonna get wrecked and that maybe there was gonna be tons of problems with everyone pitting at the sametime. I did that just so I could try to survive the race. So bud don't be to hard on yourself, and just move on to the next race!! :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
camry
League Member

Post by camry »

Hey Retro, I don't think you affected me at all, but your apology is accepted. We all have our bad days. I've had plenty of mine.

Atleast you and Jess have not tried to hide and stated an apology versus another driver out there who seemed to wreck everyone and then just make it seem like he did nothing wrong.

This is how you get respect or become a target. Your getting respect!!

Will
Free Agent
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

:( " well .... all I can say is i am sorry for my other fellow drivers who had to put up with the 96 tonight ......we were just shit ....we tried to make it turn better but just couldnt find the handle and after you get a few cars running around you loose track of who is who but .....Rathbun Racing will coome back and try and go after them next week ....thanks guys :grin:
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

The bottom line of this story is IRP should have never been on the schedule. We should only run tracks where NASCAR run tracks. IRP, Brands etc. It's time to quit playing these tracks and throw in some tracks where these cars actually drive on.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brands_Hatch
edit...O'Reilly

February 1, 2007
02:29 PM EST

type size: + -While Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the most popular racetrack in the Hoosier State, the vast majority of motorsports events held in Indianapolis are held at O'Reilly Raceway Park, including a Craftsman Truck Series race and a Busch Series event.

Drag racing, road racing, Sprint Car races and other events suited to a shorter track fall to ORP, which changed its name from Indianapolis Raceway Park in 2006. You can also usually find a large racing program there on the night before the Indianapolis 500.

The annual NHRA U.S. Nationals are traditionally held there on Labor Day weekend and SCCA events are held on the park's road course.
Last edited by Petty43 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Read above.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

After seeing most of the replay, I really don't think you were that bad, retro. Your car did clip the front of my car when you tried to get out of the way, but since I already had so much damage that had a negligible effect. :?
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

8 out 16 people did vote for IRP in preseason, I'm not sure how the past events here have been since that was my first time racing this track but they had to have been better than what we saw this race.

Personally, I don't think this track is that bad, actually can be really fun at times going off sliding into the turns and hope it sticks, my dirt racing at PTC really helped me here. I mean that race was up for grabs, with all the wrecks, everyone had a equal chance of winning that race and that made it really exciting. But then again if we are going to have a ton of wrecks then do we really want to race here? I think the wrecks can be cut down to a minimum with practice. Last weekend's races here and at Richmond were definitely 2 tracks you couldn't get away with without practising for at least a good 5 hours on. And by the look of Indy RTC gonna need at least a good 10 hours of practice lol, but it will fun and challenging.

Hope everyone is enjoying the one week break :alien:
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Petty43 wrote:The bottom line of this story is IRP should have never been on the schedule. We should only run tracks where NASCAR run tracks. IRP, Brands etc. It's time to quit playing these tracks and throw in some tracks where these cars actually drive on.
Petty, I know you were sick that week, and didn't practice for richmond or IRP, and I know your practicing ethics are top notch! I bet if you had the chance to have practiced it you might think differently. We have ran it before in NHRL.
This is a link to and old busch race at IRP. http://www.nhrl.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5742 and i do beleive we have ran it in CTS also. So just like everyone has been preaching, we all have our good tracks and our shitty tracks. But practicing and putting time into learning any track does pay off! :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

Donaldson wrote:8 out 16 people did vote for IRP in preseason, I'm not sure how the past events here have been since that was my first time racing this track but they had to have been better than what we saw this race.

Personally, I don't think this track is that bad, actually can be really fun at times going off sliding into the turns and hope it sticks, my dirt racing at PTC really helped me here. I mean that race was up for grabs, with all the wrecks, everyone had a equal chance of winning that race and that made it really exciting. But then again if we are going to have a ton of wrecks then do we really want to race here? I think the wrecks can be cut down to a minimum with practice. Last weekend's races here and at Richmond were definitely 2 tracks you couldn't get away with without practising for at least a good 5 hours on. And by the look of Indy RTC gonna need at least a good 10 hours of practice lol, but it will fun and challenging.

Hope everyone is enjoying the one week break :alien:
the reason irp won that vote was because of lack of good tracks to choose from. there are several other short tracks and rc's that would have worked fine. the only real beef i have with irp is the fuzzy yellow line at the bottom of the track and the terrible pit road exit. not really anything major but i felt like the rookies were gonna have a very tough time there.
LOD # 66 busch
# 42 cup
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

IRP, and O'Reilley Raceway Park are one and the same. Indianapolis Raceway Park just got renamed to O'Reilly Raceway Park. That's all.

Saying that they're different and shouldn't race there, is like saying that none of our series' shold have run California this year because it's now Autoclub Speedway. Or we shouldn't run Sear's Point, because it's now Infineon.

IRP may not be an original track, but it was made to help adapt Heat to the changing NASCAR world, just like ....ahem. the NHRL Cup Series Mod. (sorry, had to throw that in). :p

So, are we Nascar Purists, or Heat Purists. I am sure both are represented here. I consider myself more of a nascar purist, meaning I favor change to adapt with NASCAR.

I don't know if the new tracks the Mod Squad are churning out are all right for this league. I think if I had to guage lepage's feelings on this, he'd rather stay with as many of Heat's original tracks as possible. I know we still race at Rockingham (north carolina) even though NASCAR no longer does. Why? because I think we can ALL agree that the league has a ball racing there. We also race at MP Pocono (an add on track) because NASCAR races there, and because we have great races there.

I do agree with Petty that brands hatch and indy rc/t should go, because NASCAR never races there, but I admit that a lot of people 'stepped up' at "bad hatch" and we made a fun race out of it. Sucess? Yeah, I'd say so. So maybe after Indy RC/T, we'll be able to say the same thing. Maybe our membership boom this year could be attributed to a more robust schedule. We haven't seen (and perhaps heat as a whole hasn't seen) this type of league attence in as long as I can remember. I think overall it's a good thing.

Not far off on the horizon is an accurate banked Homestead track, courtesy of the mod squad. I'd be all for racing there. If not for points this year, maybe as an add-on exibition race as a test to see if we replace the outdated Homestead for next year.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Hey Retro I think I got into you too once going into turn 1. I apologize for that one. Knowing how you feel now you may have thought it was payback, but it was a mistake on my part.
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

d3efan wrote:Hey Retro I think I got into you too once going into turn 1. I apologize for that one. Knowing how you feel now you may have thought it was payback, but it was a mistake on my part.
Oh no,no problem at all.And I'm not a retaliator anyway.I didnt have a replay to look at,but I aint worried about it anyway,just trying to have fun and felt like that night I was imposing on everybody elses fun,lol.I have very few gripes about this league and none of them involve any fellow competitor I assure you.Great bunch of guys here thats why it bothered me so bad at IRP.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!