Official 2008 Numbers and Car Files Thread

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
lepage71
League Administrator

Official 2008 Numbers and Car Files Thread

Post by lepage71 »

In order to organize the CUP Series roster much better this season, we want league members to recognize this thread as the "official place" to post numbers and car files. Please look at the roster pages on the website before posting the appropriate information. We want everyone to help us make the roster accurate for the upcoming season. If something is incorrect on the roster page, then this is the spot to post updates or changes before the season begins. All 2008 car files posted outside this thread will be deleted.

Keep these points in mind:

1. You cannot claim someone else's number from last season. If that driver switches numbers, then the number is available.
2. Number switching is no longer allowed during a season. Once the season starts, you're stuck with whatever number you choose.
3. Post the information we ask for (listed below) before posting a car file.

This is the information that we need. We do not necessarily need everyone to post the same things (look at what has a question mark on the roster pages), but we definitely need a) a confirmation of participation in the CUP Series from all drivers (except Reef, Skoty, and I) and b) updates about something that is incorrect on the current roster.

1. Will you be competing in the CUP Series during 2008?
2. What number will you be using throughout the season (note: number switches are no longer allowed during a season)?
3. What will be your primary manufacturer (some drivers have multiple but please choose a "main manufacturer" that will be listed on the roster)?
4. What team will you be representing throughout the season?
5. What car file(s) will you be using throughout the season (maximum of three car files)?

We do NOT want everyone posting "early versions" of their car files only to update or switch them days later. If we see this we will be deleting your car files and waiting until the season begins in order to get your final version. Please do not make this more complicated than it needs to be.

Remember that you do not need to post all of this information unless it is in question on the roster (or if you're ef and are paranoid about losing your number).

Thanks!
jrfan381
League Member

Re: Official 2008 Numbers and Car Files Thread

Post by jrfan381 »

1. Yes, I am competing in the Cup Series
2. I will be driving the #81
3. Chevrolet
4. New Age Outlaws (NAO)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

1. Yes
3. Dodge
4. Max Recing

COT CoorsLight Dodge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Stick77 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Those cars would be fine for the NBS mod, but we'll be using bover's NHRLCUP mod next season...
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

1. Yes
3.FORD
4.Rathbun
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

For those who are confused, please only post car files for bover907's NHRLCUP mod. He has not released anything beyond a beta yet, but templates are available for those who want to make cars ahead of time.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Yes, bover will be participating. Only question mark on my stuff was next to Dodge, and I will be staying with Dodge for 2008. All information was correct.

Car files to follow.

side note guys.... mod final version is very close... all I have to do is paint a few more cars, and make all the driver selection screen images.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Yes, #48, lowes Chevy and MAX racing (subject to sudden, random and unpredictable change).
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

1. Yes
2. 49
3. Toyota
4. MAX
Last edited by CR49 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

1) Yes
2) 43
3) Dodge
4) None
T1_Jesse
Forum Member

Post by T1_Jesse »

1) Yes
2) 00
3) Toyota
4) YGM
Diesel
Forum Member

Post by Diesel »

1. Yes
2. # 91
3. Toyota
4. I'm going solo, no team
car91.tex
Last edited by Diesel on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

yes
45 ingame car
dodge
Last edited by kyle on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kyle
Big Mike
League Member

Post by Big Mike »

1. Yes
3. Chevrolet
4. New Age Outlaws (NAO)
car146.tex
Last edited by Big Mike on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

1. yes
3. Dodge
4. Legion of Doom Racing
5. Car file now here
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

I guess I'll use my old number 187

Chevrolet

No idea on pain unless someone wants to paint me one?

Also, I'm having problems getting my name on the roster in the game. I modified drivers file, just like I did for truck mod, and it worked in the truck mod, but not in this new mod. Any help on this out there?
actlabs11
League Member

Post by actlabs11 »

1. Yes
2. I might have to use an in-game number (I'd take 07) because I'm probably not gonna have my custom cars made for this Mod. I just don't have the time to sit down and do it with all the papers and shit I have to write for college (not to mention my job that takes up whatever free time I have)
3. Chevy
4. Independent (as I always have been)
5. No files, if I can use an in-game number that would be great.

Also, where can I download the actual Mod for the COT cars and anything else I need to have downloaded before the season starts? I have not had time to get on the site in months and am really behind the 8-ball to start the season. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Nate (actlabs11)
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

It doesn't matter about drivers.txt you have to enter your screen name as your player name. That's in the lower right area of the main screen. By default it says player-1. if you scroll there, you'll say player-2, player-3, etc. You type the name you want there. No matter what paint you choose, or what car you use, you'll always show up as your player name.

It's that way for all heat mods.

Hope that helps.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Thanks bover. It's been a while for me. In heat cup I had my name in the driver list. I already have Grove as player 1 if that's what you're talking about. So my understanding is by what you're saying is that as long as player 1 is Grove, I can just put in Grove.tex and it will show up. My only confusion is that tho I'm on player 1 as Grove, I still have to select a driver as I go into the game. :?
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Yeah grove, you do have to select a car in the menu too. I always just name my cars by the paintjob. Last year my cup car just said "Cheerios". I only used one paint last year, but when I used multiple paints, that's when it came in handy. I had "Napa" Eagles" and "TTR" the year before that, for example.

Hope that helps. you do the same for nbs and cup and it'll be easier. Any more ?'s just send me a PM and I'll be glad to help. That way we can leave these guys keep this thread on topic.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image