NHRL NBS Race Review - Race 16 - Daytona 2

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
HBMan23
Forum Member

NHRL NBS Race Review - Race 16 - Daytona 2

Post by HBMan23 »

Back to Daytona and back to 0 as the playoffs start in Daytona. The points are reset and the field was set Friday for the NBS race as kyle4445 took the pole for the race with a time of 46.716 seconds. As the field took the green flag, things got off to a clean start. It was only lap 9 when reef made contact with the back of actlabs11, causing his car to spin. Nobody else was involved, he made no contact with the wall, and he continued. On lap 10, some cars pitted, while others stayed out until lap 21. After pit stops, Rookiesrock reassumed the lead followed closely by DavisV, J2theC, d3efan, and Wildfire. Lap 27, HBMan23 gets loose going into 3 and smacks the side of efgordon, causing efgordon to get into the outside wall and drop out of the draft. At lap 30, the 2nd batch of cars were in the pits again. Rookiesrock got blocked in the pits, allowing DavisV to lead them out of the pits. After exiting the pits, they were passed by HBMan23 and 4 other cars before they got up to speed. Then things got interesting. Kyle4445 was having problems with his wheel all night, and on lap 36, smacked the wall going into turn 1 in front of the leader. When the leaders checked up, Stick77 had a run on the outside of Rookiesrock, but DavisV and Wildifre did not go with him. When Stick77 tried to get back in line, DavisV had done committed to the bottom and was beside Stick77. They made contact and both were sent spinning into the wall. After the incident, HBMan23 was leading J2theC, Rookiesrock, Wildfire, and Lepage. Soon there after, HBMan23 was passed on the outside by the others while Lepage71 lost the draft. On lap 43, Wildfire and HBMan23 lined up and made a run on the outside. J2theC threw a block and it worked, temporarily. Persistence paid off as finally Wildifre and HBman23 passed the 2 cars of J2theC and Rookiesrock on lap 46. Going through the tri-oval on lap 48, HBman23 drifted up, allowing J2theC and Rookiesrock to get by, dropping him to 4th. With 2 laps to go, Rookiesrock and J2theC tried everything they could think of to get by Wildfire, but to no avail. Wildfire held off the charge but the battle was for 2nd. They were 3 wide for 2nd place at the line. Behind them, Lepage71 ran out of gas in turn 3 and dropped from 5th to 9th. He also dropped from 1st to 3rd in points after the race. With the win, Wildfire moves to 2nd in points, while Rookiesrock takes the points lead with the most laps led and a 3rd place finish. While Daytona was a challenge, next week will be a whole different monster. The series heads to Watkins Glen. Can Wildfire get 2 in a row? Can Lepage71 bounce back from a last lap heartache and a 9th place finish? Will we have a first time winner? Will there be a new point’s leader after next week? There are a lot of questions heading into next week but the remaining question is “Who is the best?” Find out as the series heads to Watkins Glen for a true road test. See who can win at “The Glen”! ~
Last edited by HBMan23 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

nice write up hb.....but i didn;t get loose anytime stacking anyone up....my wheel cam off 3 times during the race ..and unplugged twice...the first time during my first pitstop...and all downhill from there :oops: .....but i have won at the glen a few times :grin: ...i just hate it that i used my mulligan so early in the playoffs
Kyle
HBMan23
Forum Member

ok

Post by HBMan23 »

There I fixed it! Happy? Next week YOU can write it! LOL