What's the world coming to!

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Rookiesrock
League Member

What's the world coming to!

Post by Rookiesrock »

It finally happened. My hard drive crashed and is not accessable. On my new pc purchased 8 mo's ago. Warranty covers a new drive loaded with windows but I never backed up my sets so oops. I'm gonna go cry now. :shock: :x :? :sad: :cry:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Depending on how much it's worth to you, there are places you can send your HDD to and they can recover the data for ya. I don't know how much it costs. You could probably google "data recovery" or something and find a slew of places.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
j2thec
League Member

Post by j2thec »

$80 dollars with the "GeekSquad" at your local Best Buy....but there is a program out there that will allow you to get info off of it....but I can't remember what its called.
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Thank you all for the help and suggestions. I ran a data recovery program that recovered 50,000 files of jibberish. While staring at the HD sunday trying to will it into submission, I noticed my norton program I just installed last week was also a emergency boot disc. I popped it in and suddenly my motherboard saw my HD. Never found any thing wrong so I'm still gonna get a new HD. Thank you Jesus! :grin:
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

Rookiesrock wrote:Thank you all for the help and suggestions. I ran a data recovery program that recovered 50,000 files of jibberish. While staring at the HD sunday trying to will it into submission, I noticed my norton program I just installed last week was also a emergency boot disc. I popped it in and suddenly my motherboard saw my HD. Never found any thing wrong so I'm still gonna get a new HD. Thank you Jesus! :grin:
Cool, that's great to hear. 8)

You should still give me your setups to hold on to in case it ever happens again :lol: .
Steve aka Etab
HBMan23
Forum Member

Post by HBMan23 »

And I'll hold them for you, Etab, in case your HD fails also! That way we are all covered! 8)
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I'm glad all you guys have my back. TY! :?