"A puzzled D3efan left scratching his head..."

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
d3efan
League Administrator

"A puzzled D3efan left scratching his head..."

Post by d3efan »

Beaking news, Louden, NH July 16, 2006:

After a questionable call by NASCAR penalizing D3efan for dangerous driving, D3efan was left puzzled. "Like my bud Matt Kenseth, I'd just like NASCAR to show some consistency in their penalty calls. The #73 car got off the gas alot sooner than I had anticipated going into turn 1 there, and I lightly scraped his bumper." And then, with what seemed like theatrics from an NBA playoff game, the #17 shot straight to the wall seemingly hoping to garner the penalty call. "After the race I went to apoligize for the light tap and got the Jeff Gordon shove, he's lucky he kept his helmet on!" said D3. After the contact, a seemingly irate #17 came off the wall and showed his displeasure by ramming an innocent #3 car. Garnering no penalty of his own. "Either we're going to call racing deals: 'racing deals' or a penalty is a tough call I realize." said D3. "If you're scairt say you're scairt," an exasperated D3 was heard commenting. We agree, since this penalty will get the #3 team a rear of the field start at Daytona going into the playoffs. A fact that has not escaped the multitude of #3 fans around his living room. But you can't keep a good team down and we predict we'll see the 'ol #3 in the top 5 by by lap 2 at Daytona. Watch for the #3 and #42 to link up and charge to the front. After the #42 recieved a questionable penalty himself, and a rear of the field start.
Last edited by d3efan on Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HBMan23
Forum Member

My .02

Post by HBMan23 »

I agree that there are major consistancy issues! This has been a thought of mine in many previous races looking at the penalty list and I am just here to once again bring up the subject and maybe, just maybe, get the attention of an official or two and somehow get the problem solved! I have seen it all season and I really hope that this can be solved asap, maybe with a different way of deciding penalties (aka a penalty panel which is elected or something) or other options. But, I do agree that something needs to be done to ensure fairness and consistancy and maybe to clarify rules! :roll:

BTW: I wasn't involved in any altercations this week 8) so this is not just me complaining, it's just my honest opinion and my feelings on this matter! :wink:
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

d3 i belive i was penalized....and mine was an honest mistake i seen you wrecked ...so i went to the inside and thought you were letting me go ...but you ran hard in to the corner with me....and i started to push up and seen you there ...and i did apologize to you for the miscommunication....but i was penalized for dangerous driving and i do believe that was it ......cuz i had no other run ins that i am aware of....so i guess we will have to hook up and run to the front at daytona
Kyle
bover907
League Administrator

Re: My .02

Post by bover907 »

HBMan23 wrote:I agree that there are major consistancy issues!

this is not just me complaining, it's just my honest opinion and my feelings on this matter! :wink:
There you go being a rebel again HBMan! LMAO!!!!

I just like pulling your cord, man. Couldn't resist. :lol:
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

I see that you were now Kyle. I didn't push for you to be penalized either just so you know. Dangerous driving can be any contact, intentional or not I guess (doesn't help when you ram an admin either hehe). The post was just supposed to be a funny story anyways except it's not funny starting in the back at Daytona so you have an ally! We'll make it to the front, punting admins out of the way as we go!