Anyone Interested in WRS League?

Announcements, promotions, and news from around the community.
Etab
League Member

Anyone Interested in WRS League?

Post by Etab »

Hello,

I was considering bringing back a WRS (Weekly Racing Series Heat mod) league. The WRS mod is a wonderfully made mod for Heat with latemodel cars. The series would run on various addon short tracks for Heat.

If you're interested, please reply here. If there is enough interest and enough admin help I will give an effort to bring back a WRS league. Please also include a good time for you to race, I do not want to conflict with other Heat leagues.

I saw some interest from a couple NHRL drivers already, I just wanted to see if there is enough support.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve aka Etab
HBMan23
Forum Member

WOW

Post by HBMan23 »

This would be great! I always loved the saturday night bullrings and the classic racing on the short tracks! I would love to see the WRS league be developed! Hell, I think you would see the best racing in this mod anyway! Also, maybe you could consider taking the spot left vacant by the legends heat league on Thursday nights @ 9:00pm est! Please guys, if you are at all interested in the best racing at the best tracks and trying out the "rubbin's racing" line, give this league a shot! I also would like to lend you a hand, Etab, if needed in organizing this thing! guys, this is gonna be great!
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

HBMan, thanks for the support. I'm sure I'll need it.

I remember when I was in charge of running WRS at IORS we had the closest finish in Heat that I've ever seen, it was a 0.000-second margin of victory, and on each of the top 2 finishers' screens, the other person had won. It was hard to make a decision until we found the server results and had to reverse the original call.

I'd really like to have a nice sized field every week, I won't even bother if we get a 5-6 car field.
Steve aka Etab
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

While I love the idea, I unfortunately am lucky if I have enough time to amply prepare for the NHRL series' that I run.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

bover907 wrote:While I love the idea, I unfortunately am lucky if I have enough time to amply prepare for the NHRL series' that I run.
Yeah, that's one of the problems I saw. People focus more on the "full time" leagues rather than the series that are more for fun, like WRS.
Steve aka Etab
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Well, how about making it run the bulk of it's season during the NHRL offseason? I'd probably end up being more like a 'bushwacker' than a points competitor, just because of my work schedule.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

That's fine, even if everyone races that way. WRS is a great mod that provides great racing, and it's a lot of fun online. So, it would just be something for fun. The NHRL off-season sounds like a good time to get it going.
Steve aka Etab
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Please post a download link.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

The Mod Squad (click) --> Downloads --> Nascar Style Mods --> Weekly Racing Series (last one on the page).
Steve aka Etab
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

you know i'm all in,lol.but i will agree with bover it would be nice as a winter league or a time that doesnt conflict with the nhrl schedule.