NBS Bristol

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
rookiesrock8

NBS Bristol

Post by rookiesrock8 »

RACE RESULTS

Track: Bristol
Laps: 125
Realism: Hardcore
AI Strength: Medium
Rules: Black

Pos Car Driver Result Best Lap Laps Led
=================================================================
1 71 lepage71 32:54.991 15.339 56
2 39 TommyW +2.907 15.151 62
3 77 efgordon +1L 15.200 1
4 1 Rookiesrock +1L 15.179 2
5 47 kyle4445 +1L 15.236 3
6 11 WildFire +1L 15.278 1
7 14 HBMan23 +2L 15.302 0
8 19 actlabs11 +2L 15.273 0
9 8 d3efan +2L 15.358 0
10 49 bgbollin +2L 15.312 0
11 38 Reef +3L 15.275 0
12 21 bover907 +3L 15.390 0
13 5 doZer24 +6L 15.810 0
14 83 Stick77 +6L 15.481 0
15 60 Ramrock47 +8L 15.413 0
16 78 SkotySpeed +81L 15.349 0
17 6 nmz490 DNF 15.424 0
DusterLag

re

Post by DusterLag »

The server needs to be fixed or no longer used... its ok for a server to have basic grid problems that resolve over time and restarts, but its wrong when the server starts to load without drivers (ie me) ...

i qualed, clicked go race, server loads and im not in the grid... everyone else is... but not me!, im there but my cars not! and the admins dont care... except for skotty! (ty skotty)

I dont want to go on anymore because i could go on bitching and moaning and yelling and sewaring for 20 pages... thank you for reading my bitching!

DusterLag
Co-Owner - Cutting Edge Motorsports
Driver - #01, #57
http://www.teamcem.com

Edited by: DusterLag at: 3/25/06 10:00 pm
TommyW 21 and 28

Re: re

Post by TommyW 21 and 28 »

Dusterlag,

I know you and Dozer like doing your own thing, Lepage and I didn't know exactly what you were talking about to begin with, we thought you had forgot to come in the server before the race started. If you would have came in the ventrilo channel that we were in and said something to us, we would have gladly restarted the whole race over and got you back in. We had no idea what you were talking about and wasn't even sure what Skoty was talking about. Plus it is hard to take your eyes off the track at Bristol to see what people are typing. We are sorry for the strange occurance you had tonight. But the server is staying, so please forgive and forget and let us move on from this.

-TommyW
Team NHRL
Skoty Speed

Re: re

Post by Skoty Speed »

This is from lepage71........

We believe the grid loading issue is attributed to all of the high resolution paint schemes out there, and the natural limitations of Heat, which was never meant to host so many cars or trucks in a game. Of all of the races we have completed so far, we have only had one legitimate disconnect (WildFire subbing at Atlanta for efgordon) and minimal line warp. The warp that you do see is almost always the fault of the particular driver (like DavisV a couple of races ago). Thus, We are happy with the server's performance and at this time are not looking to replace it for any reason.

In one of the practices at Bristol, your car wasn't loading right and it stacked up the grid into a single file bottleneck. This loading issue might be related to that, but even if it isn't, I still don't see an issue with the server because it has not happened before and probably won't happen much. There is little evidence it had anything to do with the server, it was probably just a unfortunate game loading problem. And finally, the rules state that the league is under no obligation to restart if someone's computer times out, car doesn't load, etc. But had you been more clear rather than ranting at the start of the race, we would have ended it for you since this was a unique circumstance. Also, since you were on Ventrilo, it would have helped if you were in the right channel with us so you could say what happened calmly.

Finally, you completely abandoned the Cup race, which to me showed that you were still pissed and just being unreasonable. We completely agree that what happened stunk, but skipping another race just to prove something isn't the mature way to go about this.
DusterLag

re re re

Post by DusterLag »

to be honest i appoligise for the ranting after my initial explanation of my problem... i assumed that it was understandable seeing as skotty seemed to completely understand me....

The reason i left and completely abonanded the cup race was because i was all up and rave and did not want to take out half of the field because of my anger, something happening to me for being over agressive to myself and then being pissed off and taking out others in my anger or just messing up others because of my own over agressive ness when im angry...

I just did not feel that it was right that the admins (-SKOTTY) seemed to ignore me none of you said anything, even a y or n would have been appriciated...

Tho i do appologive for being angry and I will be there tonight now that i am calmed down....