"ugly pitting seals the deal for the Eagle"

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
EagleKeeper

"ugly pitting seals the deal for the Eagle"

Post by EagleKeeper »

I'm not sure exactly what happened...... I didn't save the replay. But, something went down.... because, i started seeing people pitting around lap 5-ish. AlaRedBone and Tommy were the kings of speed for starters..... but i knew (after numerous test runs) that speed ate tires! bad!!!! I had a set that EFgordon gave me for Miami last year. this set started out tight..... but ended very good. I really didn't know what I had until about lap 14. At this point of the race..... I started catching the leaders (Red and Tommy). I passed them both by lap 17 and pitted on 18 with a 2 second lead. After pitting..... I noticed that many of the speedsters were down about 5-6 seconds. this tells me that there must have been some pitting troubles on stop #1. I also noticed that EFgordon was only .5 seconds back. I really started thinking I was "F-ed" ..... I knew EF had a killed set.... or at least a "know how" when it comes to setting up a car on flat tracks. But I managed to keep the lead. On my second stop..... I spun on entry.... and put the #93 in the outer wall of turn 4. This really sucked..... because..... I had to keep the #93 up against the wall until 2 cars passed (b4 being able to pull down in the clear). I exited in 5th place...... and was 8 seconds back to D3. This continued until the 3rd and final stop. I pitted a lap earlier than the leaders..... only to exit in the lead (by surprise). Obviously ... something happened in the 3rd pit cycle to the leaders. But.... I kept putting the hammer down...... and pushed the 93 as hard as I could. TommyW just about caught me with 5 laps left...... But I knew his setup would go away toward the end of the run...... just as it did on his first cycle. Tommy ran his tail off..... all the way up until he walled the #12 machine. I thought EF or D3 would get me...... but I guess I got lucky.
I finished feeling like I had just clubbed 12-13 baby seals. .... with one single club...... it was that easy!
thanks all.... for the good racin and fun sh!t.
P.S. Skotty, Lepage, and/or Tommy..... you can use this comment as a "posted race comment" ..... maybe if this is posted as part of the race results.... it may motivate some peeps to start writing..... to make all of our reading more enjoyable.
ty, EK

Edited by: EagleKeeper at: 6/12/05 2:50 am
bover907

Re: "ugly pitting seals the deal for the Eagle"

Post by bover907 »

All of that is for naught if you end up hiring a "road course ringer" for the following week.

Good win man.

Post Race Comments from bover907:
Ugly pitting on the third stop, plus getting spun out for some reason on exit cost 'The Bov' his third top 5 in a row. I'll still take 6th any day of the week. The #81 BBFF Philadelphia Eagles Team is really coming around. We are getting better and more competative week by week. The Eagles car was great on long runs, Qualified really well. Shame the driver ran out of talent and got way sideways in turn 4 on lap three. Thank God my Team mate (albeit a sub for Skoty) was next to me when it happened. He gave me plenty of room to gather it up. but then I got freight-trained by the entire field. Had to gnaw and chew my way back up to 6th.

I'd like to thank My team mates Kyle, Rook, and also Alaredbone for all their help, and apologize to D3efan for checking up on the final pit entry and causing him to get into the back of me. Sorry, man. for some reason all of a sudden, I thought I needed to be at 35 and hit the brakes hard right before the line.

Bover907
--------------------
BBFF MEMBER