Command Line to join server...

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
SBS JRNVAL

Command Line to join server...

Post by SBS JRNVAL »

Hi, I am looking for the command line to join a server...

To launch game for SAS Heat it would be:

"C Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\NHeat.exe" -mod:SASHeat -noautoplay

To launch dedicated server it would be:

"C Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\NHeat.exe" -mod:SASHeat -noautoplay -dedicated

I need to know what the join command is? can anyone help me.. Thanks JR
SBS JRNVAL

follow up to command line

Post by SBS JRNVAL »

We are looking to add this to The Online Speedway in the short future.. What is the Online Speedway... This a program like gamespy... chatroom, private messages, server slots... We currently host Dirt Track Racing, Leadfoot, Dirt Track Racing Sprint Cars, Saturday Night Speedway, MotoGP2 and Nascar 2003... We will be putting up recorded times for all ratbag games here shortly again and currently have rankings/recorded times for MOTOGP2.. Nascar 2003 recorded times/rankings will come shortly after ratbag games times... We can add HEAT and SAS HEAT to our list of games.. Maybe this would help your leagues with a place to meet, an active site etc etc... Stop in and check it out...

www.onlinerankings.net

www.onlinerankings.net/files/ for The Online Speedway.
lepage71

Re: follow up to command line

Post by lepage71 »

C Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\NHeat.exe -noautoplay

this is what i have for regular stock cars in heat

you add "-mod:CTS" (for example for the trucks) for a mod
scrooluice

Re: follow up to command line

Post by scrooluice »

Yes, that is the command line to start the game and the one you enter into IRF options, but I think he's talking about something a little more advanced. IRF uses that command line as a base, then adds more to it to make your game start and immediately connect to a certain server, which I think is what they're also trying to accomplish. However, I don't know WHAT is added...not yet anyway. Or I could be way off base...who knows?

#13 Oakley Ford
SBS JRNVAL

follow up

Post by SBS JRNVAL »

Yep I am looking to do what URF does and sends you right into the server... for example in TOS for nascar 2003 we use:

Join=-nointro -ko"20:CLIENT:tcpipAddress:rIp"

for dirt track racing we use:

Join=-nointro -nolaunch -connect "rIp:28940" -name "sUser"

I havent gotten down to trying to figure out nascar heat yet... but i figured id try to get ahead of the ballgame... we are also considering running a dedicated server for this game whether it be heat or sas heat... right now i have alot of interest from the guys who made sas heat over at dirtwizard.com/net if we had some interest here for heat alone or the cts addon we may be able to accomplish those also... So hopefully with any luck someone has the info im loking for and could save us some time looking for it... Not trying to cut out IRF.. just trying to give people options.. Thanks in advance JR