Need help with Truck template!!!

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Ramrock41

Need help with Truck template!!!

Post by Ramrock41 »

I painted a crafsman truck, and then used mktex to change it from a tga file to a tex file, and then put it in the cts folder. But all it did was rap the entire template around the truck,..?????? What is it i'm doing wrong?
lepage71

Re: Need help with Truck template!!!

Post by lepage71 »

I am not sure what you mean by wrap the template...? I think I know what you are talking about, though. Make sure you invert (flip mirror) the TGA file before you MKTEX it.
TommyW 21 and 28

Re: Need help with Truck template!!!

Post by TommyW 21 and 28 »

FYI, this is Scrooluice typing on Tommy's computer:

There's several things that could be happening here. First of all, what program are you using to paint the truck? PSP 8 requires you to flip the image before saving it as a .tga like Lepage71 mentioned, but PSP 7 doesn't. I don't believe it's necessary with Adobe Photoshop either. Another possibility could be that you're not using a Heat template to paint with. NR2003 and other templates do not work with Heat, except for the Nr2k3 and T2H mods, and using one would cause it to look all messed up in the game. You can find truck templates for Heat at bhmotorsports and other places, or I can give you some it you need it.

Tommy

#21 Air Force Taurus
#28 Havoline Ram
Ramrock41

Re: need help with template

Post by Ramrock41 »

Ok,...it looks like i may have a NR2003 template.
TommyW if you could send me a 2003 Craftsman Truck template that will work in heat that would be great.
scrooluice

Re: need help with template

Post by scrooluice »

I guess you didn't see my disclaimer in my previous post (under Tommy's name) about being on his computer, and now I'm on my wife's computer (in the middle of a move), but when I get back to mine and get it online I'll send you a temp. What make(s) do you want?

#13 - WC
#8 - CTS
#3 - LCH