Problem with Driver.tex

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Ramrock41

Problem with Driver.tex

Post by Ramrock41 »

Ok,..heres the problem,..I put a custom painted car.tex file in the cts folder,.it was a chevy silverado,...then i went to the driver.tex file and went to the # 41 truck witch is a dodge,..and changed the driver name to Ramrock41,..and the dtruck to a ctruck,..now ,..when i run it in the game i have a cevy truck with a dodge grill and headlights,...is there a way to fix this?

Ram.
lepage71

Re: Problem with Driver.tex

Post by lepage71 »

OK, I am a little confused though...is your truck a Chevy or a Dodge? Which manufacturer was your paint scheme supposed to go to?
Ramrock41

Re:Problem with Driver.tex

Post by Ramrock41 »

Its a Chevy,.....the truck template i painted is a 2003 Chevy,.it has the same paint scheme thats on my #41 cup car.
lepage71

Re: Re:Problem with Driver.tex

Post by lepage71 »

I am still not sure how you are getting a Dodge grill and headlights...those parts of a paint scheme are not automatically placed on a truck, you have to paint them yourself. Or is that you are just getting the Dodge shape on a truck thats supposed to be a Chevrolet?

You could try sending the file to me and see if I get a similar problem.
scrooluice

Re: Problem with Driver.tex

Post by scrooluice »

what you should do for a custom truck is make it a three digit number, such as 141 or 241 and so on. Then just make a whole new entry into the drivers.txt file for the truck. I think what's going on is that the even though you changed the 41 to a chevy in drivers.txt file, it's still pulling the paint scheme from the CTS paint.res instead of using your custom paint. That will usually happen when there is a car in the paint.res that is named the same as a custom paint that someone is trying to use.

#13 West Coast Choppers Chevrolet Monte Carlo - NASCAR Heat Winston Cup Series
#8 Budweiser Chevrolet Silverado - NASCAR Heat Craftsman Truck Series
Ramrock41

Re:Problem with Driver.tex

Post by Ramrock41 »

Ok heres the deal,..lol The custom painted template im haveing grill and headlight problems with is a truck that TTR_Johnny painted for me,..I just E-mailed him and asked him if its a Chevy or a Dodge,...The truck that I painted is a 2003 Chevy Silverado,...but my Restools program wont open it because the reads ( car541.tga.psd) Adobe Photoshop 7.0 is the program i used to paint it and it seems to atuomaticly put the psd at the end of the file,...How can i drop the psd off the end? so that my Restools can read it and and give me a .tex file.
lepage71

Post by lepage71 »

Ram, if you have Adobe Photoshop (or Paint Shop Pro, which can open Adobe Photoshop files)...go to "SAVE AS" and save it as a TGA image. If the .psd still appears at the end of the file, try renaming it and just deleting the .psd part.
Ramrock41

Post by Ramrock41 »

Yea I tryed that,...but Adobe Photoshop has changed all my .tga files to frickin psd,..and the psd part of the file extension is hidden so i cant see it,..and even when i rename it it is still there.