Nascar Nextel Cup 2007 Silly Season Predictions

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
HBMan23

Nascar Nextel Cup 2007 Silly Season Predictions

Post by HBMan23 »

My predictions are as follows:

Kevin Harvick will leave RCR and drive a toyota next year possibly for Bill Davis as a teammate to Michael Waltrip

Dale Jr. will move to RCR, taking Kevin Harvick's vacant seat and sponsor, and "un-retire" the #3 and be sucessful there

Brian Vickers will leave Hendrick motorsports to join DEI to fill in the vacancy left from Dale Jr.

Ray Evernham's will switch to Toyota while Jeremy Mayfield moves to Hendrick Motorsports to drive the #25 car

Jeremy Mayfield will be replaced by Scott Riggs and bring Valvoline to Evernham Motorsports

Chip Ganassi Racing will also switch to Toyota and retain all of their drivers

Sterling Marlin retires and will be replaced by Kenny Wallace

Dale Jarrett retires and is replaced by NBS driver Stephen Leicht

Ken Schrader retires and is replaced by Scott Wimmer

Mark Martin finally retires and is replaced by NBS driver Todd Kluever

Just thought that this would be a fun discussion and wanted to see what you think will happen!
bover907

Re: Nascar Nextel Cup 2007 Silly Season Predictions

Post by bover907 »

I don't think Jr is leaving DEI for a few years. Just my H.O. Also, I can't see evernham leaving dodge yet. He's got too much invested. Now ganassi is definately a possibility. I think the teams that we'll see move to toyota are some of the smaller ones, like MBV/MB2, and BAM.

Bover907
--------------------
TTR
HBMan23

You know...

Post by HBMan23 »

Bov you are exactly right about Evernham Motorsports. There is no way Evernham Motorsports. After all, 2 of his cars are sponsored by Dodge. Thats an obvious mistake on my part. I completely overlooked that "small" fact. LOL Also, he has built a good relationship with Dodge. Yeah, you are completely right there. After further review , I have changed my prediction! Upon further review , ernham Motorsports will stick to Dodge in 2007. LOL Thanks for showing me da light! :LOL
doZer2442

Re: You know...

Post by doZer2442 »

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Dale Jarrett retires and is replaced by NBS driver Stephen Leicht<hr></blockquote>
Dale Jarrett moves to Micheal Waltrip Racing for Toyota...brings UPS with him.... Casey Mears takes over 88
j2thec

Post by j2thec »

It is official, Dale Jarrett is going to Toyota next year with Michael Waltrip

jayski.com/teams/toyota.htm

How can it mean anything to me,
if I really don't feel a thing at all?
doZer2442

Post by doZer2442 »

heard it from jayski months ago lol
j2thec

Post by j2thec »

not sure how, when it was just official yesterday........

How can it mean anything to me,
if I really don't feel a thing at all?
HBMan23

Re: Nascar Nextel Cup 2007 Silly Season Predictions

Post by HBMan23 »

Brian Vickers has been released from his contract at Hendrick Motorsports! See, I do know what I am saying! LOL
bgbollin
League Member

This aint nascar.com

Post by bgbollin »

This is our league...not nascar's...why are yall discussing their silly season when we have our own??
Benji Bollinger (bgbollin)
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

There's a 1:2 chance a part-time field-filler team will make a driver change, and a 1:200 change that someone will care.
Steve aka Etab