Why no POCONO?

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
sledge4

Why no POCONO?

Post by sledge4 »

I know that we are not racing this week and I believe it is because there is not a Pocono track in the Nascar Heat game. However, every where I look...there is a Pocono add-on.

Has anyone actually thought about using that add-on file for the Pocono track and still having a race. I only ask 1) because I really want to race and 2) because I see that there are ALOT of off weeks coming up soon. So the more races the better.

Just a thought.

Thanks
Will (aka Camry)
lepage71

Re: Why no POCONO?

Post by lepage71 »

I'm not certain, but I think tracks like Pocono have issues with autopits and cause cars to mess up on pit road. In addition, it is hard to get all of the drivers to download the track and have it work successfully. There usually seems to be the odd man out whose computer just doesn't seem to read the track or something like that and they shouldn't be excluded from receiving points. Finally, I think its good to sit out a few weeks every now and then, it gives members some time do do something else on weekend nights. Besides, we have a cluster of off weeks in the middle of this season, but they are followed by a huge stretch of consecutive races. My crew will be burnt out if they race every week! lol However, if anyone wants to race a NASCAR Heat Pocono race for fun this weekend I'm up for it.

Edited by: lepage71 at: 6/5/02 2:25:12 pm
slayer25

pocono

Post by slayer25 »

where can i find the download a little help please?
Skoty Speed

Post by Skoty Speed »

MP_Pocono is a multiplayer friendly version of Pocono. I've run it on IRF several times without any of the issues Lepage mentioned.{not that it couldn't happen}. I don't remember where I got it from. So if anyone wants it I'd be happy to send it.
sledge4

nheic.com

Post by sledge4 »

nheic.com is where I found the MP Pocono file. Maybe if everyone reads this and downloads the file....the next time they visit Pocono, we can actually have a race also.
lepage71

Post by lepage71 »

yea goto nheic.com for the pocono, its still there, and I think this one works best

btw...pretty soon I will have a dedicated server up on IRF, I'm still setting it up and it will be ready for the Michigan weekend (2 weeks) in case N2TONY20 bails out, but for this weekend just look for NASCAR HEAT RACING LEAGUE hosted by myself if we do race

Edited by: lepage71 at: 6/7/02 2:47:30 pm