Penalty Infractions at Dover (6-1-02)

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
lepage71

Penalty Infractions at Dover (6-1-02)

Post by lepage71 »

I reviewed the entire race and I found many "pit dives" or instances when drivers climb real high on the track banking and then dive onto pit road. This infraction is worth 50 points but since alot of people did it I will just hand out 10-point penalties. I'm sorry I have to do this but too many people interfered with cars on the track with illegal entrances and/or exits. A bunch of drivers did this several times but I only penalized you once for it. Next time there are illegal entrances the penalty will be 50 points.

Intermediate track rule:

"You do not have to stay on the apron when entering or exiting pit road. Please stay on the lowest groove possible. There may also be penalties assessed if a driver exits pit road going too slowly and intentionally swings onto the track."

and

"When exiting pits after a pit stop, drivers must keep their cars in the lowest groove as possible or on the apron."

PITDIVE (-10 points)

#1 stoaked2
#2 SLAYER25
#11 WireNut
#20 N2TONY20
#22 duckman
#28 Geez53081
#29 novall
#36 brianmbw
#71 lepage71

DANGEROUS / ILLEGAL EXIT (-10 points)

#20 N2TONY20
(racing side by side with #36 coming off of pit road and on the apron, car #36 legally came out of pits ahead of car #20)
#36 brianmbw3
(shooting up track and hitting others)

INTERFERING WITH CARS LEGALLY ENTERING PITS (-10 points)

#24 NASCARDUG
(hit car #45 when car #45 was legally low on race track heading into pits, car #45 was bumped so that he could not enter the pits, I am NOT saying it was intentional just be careful)

==============================================

"During the race there will be no direct insults or cursing towards one or a group of drivers. There will be times during a race where drivers will be in conflict but it must stay within reasonable terms.

> 100 point penalty for disrespect of fellow competitors (swearing or excess criticism).
> 200 point penalty for the issue happening a second time.
> On the third circumstance the member loses all points and is expelled for the 2002 season. They may return in 2003."

UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS (-50 points)

#45 AlaRedBone
#20 N2TONY20

EXCESS FLAMING / SWEARING (-10 more)

#20 N2TONY20

Respect your competitors! No one purposefully tries to wreck anyone. If someone does cause a wreck, talk to me about it, DO NOT RETALIATE.

#1 stoaked2, -10 pts
#2 SLAYER25, -10 pts
#11 WireNut, -10 pts
#20 N2TONY20, -80 pts
#22 duckman, -10 pts
#24 NASCARDUG, -10 pts
#28 Geez53081, -10 pts
#29 novall, -10 pts
#36 brianmbw3, -20 pts
#45 AlaRedBone, -50 pts
#71 lepage71, -10 pts

-If one of the rules above is broken, or not followed correctly, a driver could face loss of points, suspension, or expellation from the NASCAR Heat Racing League.

-If a driver feels that he was penalized wrongly a board of drivers at random pick can be selected to view the case and make a decision from there.

-Drivers are notifed of the penalties enforced the NASCAR Heat Racing League website and the necessary actions taken.

-lepage71 has final word on all penalties and infractions. I will try to be fair and honest when reviewing situations. Please do not argue vehemently, I am trying to keep the league running as smooth as possible."

It is wise to save the race replay. Obviously no one can review a penalty if they didn't even care to save the incident on replay.

I am sorry this is such a large post. But I do feel that we need to fix some minor pitting problems and nothing more. But for those that are turning incidental contact into major retaliation that is simply unacceptable. Doing this, these drivers also damaged about 7 other cars in the process by my count. (#36 was extremely beat up in these incidents, and he was an innocent bystander). And flaming lepage71 is completely out of line. I try to keep it fair for everyone and swearing at me is unacceptable. I undertstand some people will be angry at others, but I had nothing to do with the conflict between #20 and #45. I hope everyone understands why I am posting these penalties and I hope we can continue on without any problem.

I'll shut up soon. I would like to propose a revised version of the pitting rule to everyone. I feel that we need to make the pitting procedure so that everyone must signal pitting intentions on turn 1 of a track, slow on the inside groove of the backstretch, and go onto the apron in turns 3 and 4 when heading to the pits. When exiting, you must signal your exit, stay on the apron UNTIL THE BACKSTRETCH. Then carefully blend into the faster traffic.

If enough people think this is a good idea I think it is a good idea and we should change the current rules.

THX for your time!

Edited by: lepage71 at: 6/2/02 9:17:25 am