Potential Format for the ALL-STAR CLASSIC!!! comments please

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
lepage71

Potential Format for the ALL-STAR CLASSIC!!! comments please

Post by lepage71 »

Hey guys I though of a good idea just to make things for this all-star race unique and interesting

what say we run 3 races? all with no qualifying on? post some ideas

race 1 - 12 laps (3%) - 10 championship points for winner
race 2 - 20 laps (5%) - 20 championship points for winner
race 3 - 40 laps (10%) - 30 championship points for winner

this would be run with lowe's night but we could run three different tracks as well

i would like to run it this way unless anyone has objections or a better idea...just post how you want it and thats how its done! :ezboardsmile:

Edited by: lepage71 at: 5/14/02 7:41:20 pm
stoaked2

read

Post by stoaked2 »

i like the 3 races,idea and the point to.sounds perfect.points are good because we gotta have some kinda purse to race for
fatfreddy

the All-Star Classic

Post by fatfreddy »

I like it,, let's race with lepage's proposal.
Skoty Speed

Re: the All-Star Classic

Post by Skoty Speed »

Sounds good to me. Maybe we could do a few bonus points to whoever has the best average finish in all three races.We could make the winners of the races ineligible for these bonus points. That way if you fall behind you still have something to race for. Just a thought.
sledge4

My Idea's

Post by sledge4 »

I also like Lepage's idea. Except I think qualifying should be ON. Then maybe a "Bud Pole" award could be handed out and the polesitter could get 5 bonus points or something like that. Do this for each of the 3 races, and someone could walk a way with an extra 15 points.

I also think all the races should be run at Lowe's.

That's my thoughts.
fatfreddy

pole for the All-Star Classic?

Post by fatfreddy »

Qualify? Front-row freddy likes that idea!
lepage71

Re: pole for the All-Star Classic?

Post by lepage71 »

lol, yea thats true Fred every race lately u have been right up there pole, top2, top3

i dont want to give away too many points, but i will give 5 points for best average finish and 3 points for every pole if thats sounds fair to u all