Big Trouble

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
efgordon

Big Trouble

Post by efgordon »

While practicing at pocono last night, i heard a big CRACK come out of the gas pedal and now its gone soft.

i checked options and i am still getting full throttle, but i am really worried about it making it through the race.

looks like its time for another setup already!

Any chance we can have a special $$$ race with the award being one of those cool and expensive wheels?

i suggest dover

ha ha ha ha ha

fatfreddy17

Re: Big Trouble

Post by fatfreddy17 »

The gas pedal eh? Ya sure it was

Thats ok, my joints let out a loud crack once in a while too, and they always work fine right after.
doZer2442

Post by doZer2442 »

open up your pedals and attack whatever cracked with duct tape...not too sure if you can do that with your joints tho...i wouldn't suggest it
bover907

Post by bover907 »

Did the spring break? I fixed pedals once with a spring that looked just a little thicker throttle spring, and it worked for quite some time. find some kind of spring you can jerry rig in there. Then you can get back to the business at hand. It may even hold you over until this guy comes around.

Edit:
let me know if you need to know where to get a momo cheap. I have a url where I got mine for $59 versus $99 at best buy

Bover907
--------------------
BBFF MEMBER

Edited by: bover907 at: 8/5/05 5:34 pm
EagleKeeper

same ... same

Post by EagleKeeper »

yeah.... same thing happened to me a while back. heard a pop.... and gas pedal was limp (kind of like FatFred's and AlaRedBone's weeenies).
but... anyhow.... i just took the pedal unit apart and found that the spring didn't break..... it just popped off.
all i had to do was re-attach it.
fatfreddy17

Re: same ... same

Post by fatfreddy17 »

<< See the "wood" he's got, same for me ,my ol' lady can't keep up with me, and she won't let me get a girlfriend either, damm her!
efgordon

Re: same ... same

Post by efgordon »

well i took the pedals apart and found a broken spring.

the gas and brake have two springs each, and one for the gas was broken.

i went to the local hobby shop and didnt find anything remotely simular, so i picked up a bag of rubber bands.

a few well place screws and a rubber band got this thing feeling exacly like it was before the CRACK

i am gonna take it for spin in the truck series tonight, and it it survives, i will be good to go for tommorrow.

i only wish i could post a picture of this thing now....lol