Dega Pts

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
IMDEDXX

Dega Pts

Post by IMDEDXX »

Is that a misprint? or did freddy get 165 points for a DNF and last place? I know he's a cool guy and all but that's the difference between 3rd and 7th in the points standings. the way i've been running lately, i may not be able to make that up.

Edited by: IMDEDXX at: 4/7/03 9:29:03 pm
lepage71

Re: Dega Pts

Post by lepage71 »

Skoty Speed and I decided to give fatfreddy 165 points because he was disconnected directly as the result of the restart we did, which was a questionable one at that, when we reviewed the replay. He started 3rd and was running fine, but was dropped because a restart was allowed. This has never happened before and in the future if this happens to anyone else, the same actions will be taken.

Just a reminder...this does NOT mean that if a driver is dropped from the grid he automatically gets the same amount of points as his starting position (if it were a finish). If a driver is running along fine, and then a RS causes him to get blipped from the field, this is when this applies. fatfreddy should have been able to do that race, but the restart directly caused his disconnection.

Edited by: lepage71 at: 4/7/03 9:43:23 pm