W.I.P. - Huntsville Speedway

Announcements, promotions, and news from around the community.
Bubba
Forum Member

W.I.P. - Huntsville Speedway

Post by Bubba »

As some of you may have seen, DaveO has been working on a brand new track for Heat... the historic Huntsville Speedway in Alabama. This is a conversion from BOWTIE's original Huntsville from NR2003, and Dave and I have spruced it up quite a bit and improved on the great track work that BOWTIE did.

Here are some preview pictures of it:

lepage71
League Administrator

Re: W.I.P. - Huntsville Speedway

Post by lepage71 »

Please post this type of information in the Community News forum. We moved it to that location. Thanks!
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

it would not be a lie if I said this is one of the best looking tracks in heat I have seen would it? Textures are nice and crisp well done
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Looks absolutely stunning to me! Knowing what goes into car mods, I can't even imagine the headaches that go into track making/conversions! Kudos to all involved! \:D/
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Yeah... this one has been a pain for the both of us due to how it was made. It seems each object had its own texture, and the grandstands alone were made up of about 10 or 12 objects itself. I've been lucky to be involved in the process and have worked with Dave to help add in all the various objects you see in the infield where it was pretty barren before. Also little things have been tweaked and tweaked again.

The longer you stare at something, the better you can make it. :smiling

It shouldn't be much longer and everyone can be enjoying this new 1/4 mile short track with lots of history and we'll be moving on to easier tracks to work with. :mrgreen
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Bubba wrote:Yeah... this one has been a pain for the both of us due to how it was made. It seems each object had its own texture, and the grandstands alone were made up of about 10 or 12 objects itself. I've been lucky to be involved in the process and have worked with Dave to help add in all the various objects you see in the infield where it was pretty barren before. Also little things have been tweaked and tweaked again.

The longer you stare at something, the better you can make it. :smiling

It shouldn't be much longer and everyone can be enjoying this new 1/4 mile short track with lots of history and we'll be moving on to easier tracks to work with. :mrgreen
hehehe.. This track has been a pain right from the get go.. ](*,) But yeah we will be releasing this very soon!! We have a ton of tracks we are multitasking as I type this... Watch, we will be rebuilding NH with 1 track at a time... cya guys on the flip side.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Huntsville has been released. You can lock this thread if you like lepage. ;)

Thanks,

Dave
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

DaveO wrote:Huntsville has been released. You can lock this thread if you like lepage. ;)
Why lock it? people may want to heap praise, thank you guys, etc.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Looks like an interesting track. Are the pit stalls big enough for our mods?
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

lepage71 wrote:Looks like an interesting track. Are the pit stalls big enough for our mods?
Yes sir! This track was created more for online racing. For historical values of this old track, running the AI's offline, you will find some small problems with the AI getting bunched up because of the narrow pit in and pit out of this track, we wanted to keep this track as realistic as possible because of the historical value of this old Southern short track. But it's been tested with several mods, including Bover's cup mod, it works just fine online for pitting and racing... ;) Remember I use to be an online racer, so yeah of course I would make sure the pits were big enough!! :mrgreen
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Good deal. One thing heat needs more of these 'home tracks', and you guys are definitely filling the bill! Many thanks, and keep up the good work!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

bover907 wrote:Good deal. One thing heat needs more of these 'home tracks', and you guys are definitely filling the bill! Many thanks, and keep up the good work!
Thanks Bover, for the nice words! :mrgreen We are definitely trying to rebuild NH with more tracks.. We are doing that in other ways too. Just like you are in your own way.. hint hint.
Anyhow, between all of us doing mods, and tracks. I think one day Heat will be like a new game once again with new toys for all of us to play with.. ;) :bike

Keep up the great work on your end to bud.. ;)

cya,

Dave