guru23 needs help with NHRL nextel heat 2004

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
guru23
League Member

guru23 needs help with NHRL nextel heat 2004

Post by guru23 »

After an extended hiatus I want to start racing again. The problem is I have lost most of my old heat files with special paints, mods, etc. I gave my old computer to my daughter and she crashed it. I have found a d/l for the game, most mods, patches, tweaks, etc. but not the special paints.
Does anyone know where I can get the NHRL 2004 version that has the NHRL members in it. That was the coolest game I ever had. I can get the current NHRL member paints from the d/l site but I need the old ones. I had a couple of guru23 paints for cup and cts I would love to find. Help
mustangman759
League Member

Re: guru23 needs help with NHRL nextel heat 2004

Post by mustangman759 »

Cup has new models and physics, cts has new
Models and old physics. So the old paints cannot be used in league competition except for nbs. Hope that helps, all mods d/l check nhrl.net
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I think what guru meant, was he wanted those old paints for nostalgic purposes. Mustang is right, though, the only place you'd be able to use those old paints is in the NBS mod, or if you were racing the old CTS mod somewhere.

The old Nextel2004 deal is here. But, as far as old user's tex files, I'm sure lp must have them somewhere, or if not, perhaps rookiesrock may. (He's a miser when it comes to that old stuff) ;)

But we don't even use that mod anymore. Like the kid above said, we use the NHRLC11 Mod for Cup on Saturdays and the NHRL NBS Mod for NBS Series which is Fridays.

As far as something to race in right now, Just use the 23 in-game car in NBS, and Any unclaimed in-game paint for cup. (the cup mod doesn't have an in-game 23). Me or someone else will probably be able to set you up with a simple #23 cup car for the time being.

Hope that helps.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Wow, long time, no see, guru! I hope you've been well, it's nice to hear from you again. I actually remember that NHRL mod, but I don't think I have it anymore. For those unaware, this wasn't the Nextel 2004 mod; it was a 2004 mod with our league members ported into it. While the installer might be difficult to find, I do know that I have all of those old paint files archived somewhere

By the way, I've setup your website user account. I'll private message you the info. :D
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

I was able to find the nhrl2004 mod on my old computer, it has all the members paints so i uploaded it to my site temporarily for everyone. It is the complete mod just open the rar up and drop the nhrl2004 folder into your main nascar heat folder.

http://speedsims.net/tmp/nhrl2004.rar

Lepage let me know when you get this so i can delete it from my site.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I got it Dave, and I can upload it on the NHRL site if lp wants me too, so you can go ahead and delete it once guru gets it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
guru23
League Member

Post by guru23 »

I got the download and have installed it. Thanks DaveO and Bover. That is one cool mod with the NHRL members built in. Is there any way to put my paint from that mod into the nhrlc11?
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Unfortunately there isn't. Someone could probably replicate it, but it'd have to be from scratch.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image