Michigan race

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
BlackKnight
League Member

Michigan race

Post by BlackKnight »

don't know what happened but some how I got kicked out of the server during the race :evil at first I thought it was because of the issue :doubtful between myself and I think Mustang when I got loose and collected him :embarrassed .... was a shame I had a fast set and was looking for a half way decent :happy finish but I guess that's racing 8) sorry for causeing that early crash I got off the gas but it went around on me any way :? :o :sad .................
mustangman759
League Member

Re: Michigan race

Post by mustangman759 »

You were fast, but your gears were too fast to make a 17 lap fuel run from what i tested, if you want to be competitve you need to practice making the fuel run and keeping a stable car. I qed with my race set so i didnt expect much
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Running fuel is an option as is sprint. A driver will deem what he thinks is best. Sometimes a sprint option at a certain track while against the crowd, might be the best choice to maximize a driver's odds at a respectable finish. Carry on BlackKnight. I've witnessed many a race that came down to the last lap between a driver running fuel and a driver running sprint.
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

thanks Rookie I've tryed runin fuel sets befor and fell back alot in the standings,so figured I'd run fast may have to pit sooner than others but can run fast enough to make up the differance........
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

If you get the right setup for your driving style you can shave off an extra stop and still be on pace. Hope you get what i mean,average speed is whats important
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

BlackKnight wrote:don't know what happened but some how I got kicked out of the server during the race :evil at first I thought it was because of the issue :doubtful between myself and I think Mustang when I got loose and collected him :embarrassed
Contrary to popular belief we don't really have the power to go and kick drivers during races. Should it even be possible, that would involve typing while driving our own race cars. I don't know about anyone else, but even in the rare event I try to access the F8 Pit menu during the race, it usually ends up in a date with the wall for me. :?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

bover907 wrote:
BlackKnight wrote:don't know what happened but some how I got kicked out of the server during the race :evil at first I thought it was because of the issue :doubtful between myself and I think Mustang when I got loose and collected him :embarrassed
Contrary to popular belief we don't really have the power to go and kick drivers during races. Should it even be possible, that would involve typing while driving our own race cars. I don't know about anyone else, but even in the rare event I try to access the F8 Pit menu during the race, it usually ends up in a date with the wall for me. :?
I know what your saying Bover I also have unfortunate dates with the wall when trying to access the pit menu and make changed, I usually wait until entering pit road where I can drive straight and not look where I'm going, lol

However you certainly can kick someone during a race, I have had to do this before during my own league races and I know that lepage has had to do it before during his. Some extreme situations require it. I'm going to guess that it is not what happened to you BlackKnight, considering you said something similar before the race even started. If you really think someone kicked you intentionally from the server then simple send lepage a PM and ask. Also did the screen actually tell you that you were kicked with a message, its very obvious when someone uses the kick command on you vs another connection issue that causes you to disconnect?

There were a couple other drivers causing more harm than you during this race that would have deserved it more than you so I'm really going to say it's unlikely you were kicked and that you were actually disconnected do to some issue.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

got no message just went back to the log on page was strange that's never happened to me befor so caught me totaly by supprise.............
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

BlackKnight wrote:got no message just went back to the log on page was strange that's never happened to me befor so caught me totaly by supprise.............
Likely too late now but next time (if there is) go and check the heat.log file within your Temp directory. If you had been intentionally kicked you would have seen a message stating that.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

I'm sure you weren't kicked, BK. But, yes, we do have that option in EXTREME situations. Besides, the boot wouldn't come out for a single incident on the track. It's far more likely to come out for a behavioral issue. I don't recall you ever being anywhere close to what we would consider an extreme situation.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Also, no one but us knows the boot command, so something like that could never happen. We occasionally use it to kick spectators, as well as any non-approved visitors. ;)
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

ok I wish to thank all of you on your help :) ....I have always tryed to be as curtious as posable and if a situation ever came that I deemed unfair or unsportsman like I would definitely go thru the right channels to get it solved :grouptalking ( admins or other post to the proper ppl ) to handle things the correct way and not by causeing an on track problem. I do realize that at some point during an event that tempers get flaired and the feeling to get even can and has at times been done.. but I have always felt that these things are better handled off the track and if needed by posting a formal complaint.....So with that said ; if any one has a problem with me or my actions on the track they can feel free to confront me and together we can get it taken care of;and or if need be we can both inform an admin and have them resolve it.....I enjoy every thing here at NHRL and will do anything needed to keep the brotherhood and sportsmanship we all share here and keep the league growing in all the right directions.....In closing I wish to give gratatude to LePage and all the other admins along with all the other drivers here in NHRL for making this one of the best online racing sites that I have ever belonged too!!!!!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

You're certainly welcome. I hope you didn't misinterpret the advice I was giving you in practice last night. I was trying to give you pointers on getting around North Carolina, but you split before I finished typing. You have a PM.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

thanks Bover got the pm and I am greatful for all the help and advice you can share with me........
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

BlackKnight wrote:thanks Bover got the pm and I am greatful for all the help and advice you can share with me........
Hey BlackKnight,

There are a few guys who have problems with setting up there cars correctly, or need and want help with setup tuning. I'm working with a couple of fellas to help them out. One in particular were going to try and get online together so I can help explain a few things to him. He's a good friend, but just does not understand the dynamics about a few things. If you wanna tag along shoot me a pm.. 8)

Dave
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

lepage71 wrote:Also, no one but us knows the boot command, so something like that could never happen.
You sure about that?
In Reef we trust.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I can't never even remember the thing! :(
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
mustangman759
League Member