Tentative CTS Schedule

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Truck Series.
Grumpy
League Member

Re: Tentative CTS Schedule

Post by Grumpy »

There hasn't been an official sign up yet.
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I Don't Even Know --- Long Live Heat
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

BlackKnight wrote:where do we sign up?
No where yet...
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

ok I have every track but the Millwalkie mile where do I get that at?
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

BlackKnight wrote:ok I have every track but the Millwalkie mile where do I get that at?
Under Smokes Tracks...
http://www.speedsims.net/htracks_index.html
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

thanks Duster got it now
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Hammer and I are going to run some CTS tonight. Lets run some trucks.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

whats up with the schedule online? it shows 2 races a week? it didnt work well at WRS... Id suggest moving away from it. Its not like were running the same track both races like we usually do in CUP and NBS... Pleas revert and just run the season for atleast 8 weeks.
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I think the reason its been compressed to 4weeks is because of the holidays and running the standard 8 weeks would indeed stretch it beyond its most usual ending date leaving very little time for a break before firing up the Nhrl Cup Series 2011(2012?)Mod for the 2012 season...the prime series run only here @ .........yes..u guessed it...the long time running Nascar Heat Racing League! A late start would just compound an even later finishing date not to mention a late start for CTS 2012 mod series run or other plans possibly being drummed up for the future!
p.s. No charge for the IMO answer to Bmx's Post :-# , Lepage.This ones free! :smilingsideways
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Tried to edit above post but wouldn't allow it.GRRRRRRR
anyway ..I had planned on asking about a possible double up of the races prior to seeing this, expedite CtS finish. But one thing I think may be better IMO would be to run 2 races each week with both races
being scheduled for Saturday Night with a possible earlier starting time for the 1st race to facilitate a 30-45 minute practice and warm up for the 2nd race of the night.This would be better for guys that
possibly can't participate 2 weekend nights in a row.Usaully if a guy can make the 1st race, he'll stick around to run in the nights 2nd event (unless ,of course, he is utterly disgusted with himself, for his performance in the 1st events race results.Plus .it may get some more guys tending to practice during the week, and not get bored at running just one track all week. or one they dislike ,(suck at,etc etc)LOL
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

mustangman759 wrote:whats up with the schedule online? it shows 2 races a week? it didnt work well at WRS... Id suggest moving away from it. Its not like were running the same track both races like we usually do in CUP and NBS... Pleas revert and just run the season for atleast 8 weeks.
Its a race Friday and a race Saturday, I think that will work fine. After all its a short series until we get into the 2012 seasons.

WRS was two races a night, which I also agree didn't work and personally I didn't like.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Yes, it's a little different, but I think it'll work out. Obviously, the holidays and the start of 2012 compress things a bit. We didn't anticipate starting CTS this late, but we just have to deal with each situation as it comes about. I should mention, we run on Fridays and Saturdays the rest of the year, so this isn't exactly a radical change. Let's just get back to racing again. 8)
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

The January dates on schedule are on saturdays and sundays. I'm guessing that friday and saturday are the actual races and not sunday nights?
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Correct, the races will be on Fridays and Saturdays. We've fixed the error previously on the website.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

well I hate the idea... Jamming races into a "4 week" schedule is not welcoming to rookies which is what the CTS series is intended for. Is it not?
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

mustangman759 wrote:well I hate the idea... Jamming races into a "4 week" schedule is not welcoming to rookies which is what the CTS series is intended for. Is it not?
You think Lepage wanted to have the scheduled like this? Of course not, especially with a new mod. Unfortunately the person creating the mod ran into some personal difficulties and priorities took over.

If for the first season the schedule has to be changed and in turn more challenging and annoying, then so be it. However with the races in place how they are now it will in turn allow lepage time to work out the schedules for NBS and CUP and still have them started in a good time. From that perspective it will make the 2012 NHRL series go back to normal.

Look at it this way, you have until Dec. 9th to practice for the first four races, considering the physic engine is the same. Then after the first two weekends there's a two week break for the final four. I'm not going to deny it looks like it can be annoying, and is somewhat unappealing but it's not that bad.
In Reef we trust.
thetrev
Provisional Member

Post by thetrev »

This is my 1st time racing in this league what is the realism and wear for cts?
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

mustangman759 wrote:well I hate the idea... Jamming races into a "4 week" schedule is not welcoming to rookies which is what the CTS series is intended for. Is it not?
To hear tell it, it sounds like you hate everything you can't control...lol :laughing
Grumpy
League Member

Post by Grumpy »

thetrev wrote:This is my 1st time racing in this league what is the realism and wear for cts?
Realism - Hardcore
Wear 3
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I Don't Even Know --- Long Live Heat
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Bubba wrote:
To hear tell it, it sounds like you hate everything you can't control...lol :laughing
hahaha, just my opinion. And if you look at the WRS series it did not work out as well as a normal series. But heck I will race nevertheless. We just have bad storm timing to blame.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Mustangman wrote,
And if you look at the WRS series it did not work out as well as a normal series.
Are you saying that the current WRS champion might not be champion if the schedule was different?