Graphics Card + Heat issue

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
mustangman759
League Member

Graphics Card + Heat issue

Post by mustangman759 »

Im getting this sort of problem where things will go silver. Sometimes the entire track.
heres a pic of the pitcrew which sit he ingame #3 crew going silver + some of the other cars covered in grass concrete or sky texture! my graphic settings included any help would be greatly appreciated! Im on a 7800 Gforce nvidia on xp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Re: Graphics Card + Heat issue

Post by bover907 »

Is that problem only in a certain mod or set of mods? I noticed it's with the indy mod in your screenie. Is that part of the platinum series? I know if you get install sequences out of whack, it can have some wierd effects.

I'd say it's more a heat issue, and that you're video card is fine from that one pic.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

bover907 wrote:Is that problem only in a certain mod or set of mods? I noticed it's with the indy mod in your screenie. Is that part of the platinum series? I know if you get install sequences out of whack, it can have some wierd effects.

I'd say it's more a heat issue, and that you're video card is fine from that one pic.
He is having random textures "swap" out during races everything from the track surface to the grandstands to the car's. When the race starts everything is in its proper place such as the pit crew.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

This isnt nearly as bad as it happened on the NHRL CUP 2011 mod. I had everything silver and odd colors. I have no idea what it is but I will be upgrading to a quad core PC pretty soon (already have half the money) so hopefully the graphics card is not shot because I dont want to purchase a new one. Ill try to produce the issue I have in the NHRL CUP mod if I have time. The mod does not require the G2 files, its a seperate mod called platinumgrand prix. I am also wondering if it could be my card settings. But I cant be for shure without testing every option seperatly. But this one instance was just as duster described.
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

You might want to try some different video card drivers. The newest video card drivers aren't always the best drivers. You may just have to go through a few sets of drivers to find ones you like best that causes the least amount of issues.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

I will try that,thanks. I sent you a PM ray.
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

And you have a PM back at you. Hopefully the drivers are just the issue. I had to go through a few sets myself, and I'm still on the same ones from 4 years ago.... no issues since. :smiling

I had weird things like that happening to me too, discoloration like that and one set of drivers I tried caused all kinds of big black triangles to appear as I was driving, even though the colors were fine.

Kind of sounds like what you have going on in a way with the colors doing crazy stuff.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

yep, and that isnt even the worst case. Thanks for helping