Watkins Glenn 2011

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
d3efan
League Administrator

Watkins Glenn 2011

Post by d3efan »

Just a reminder to all you competitors out there (in case you didn't know it already) we review each driver after every race lap-by-lap, looking for penalties, among other things (move of the race!). Even the 'ol d3 has been tagged for cutting a few measly stalls here and there as of late lol. However, at this particular joint it's very easy to get 4 tires off the track. In fact, in practice, I get my best times by cutting the track, especially in the "bus stop" portion. Alas, I shall have to give up that favorite cutting spot in order to race clean and perhaps run a little slower. I suggest you do the same. Be a real shame for the winner (or potential winners) of the race to have it taken away by excessive cutting.
mustangman759
League Member

Re: Watkins Glenn 2011

Post by mustangman759 »

IMHO, Cutting here only has a benefit in the busstop chicane. anywheres else is more hazardous than worth.
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I'll kick a name out here. Reef, who's been one of the fastest RC racers in the league the past few years, has finished races the past couple years without having a SINGLE cut. It can be done.

There's enough lenience built in for the occasional 'sloppy lap', but anything habitual or excessive is what get's penalties. IMO slinging the car over curbs usually leads to spins and wrecks anyway.

Go slow to go fast. Keep the car clean, don't sand trap the darn thing, and you'll get a good finish.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Well you guys give leniency with the 2 tire rule, which is very helpful so that we do not need to worry about every single turn and being 100% precise. Because even when you are driving on the track you may be a bit optimistic, not a mistake; but grass scrubs always happen.