This was unfair

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
redimuss
League Member

This was unfair

Post by redimuss »

Ok let me start by saying in my opinion the rules and regs should be a gyde-book not a bible or a tablet carved in stone. Any way i just read the pm in here and oh my ******* god I was sat for atlanta for a "WTF" and a "what do i have HIT ME WRITTEN ON MY CAR im outa here" I have no prob with the 1 race suspention but two was way too much. i could understand if i ranted or raved and kept it up but for 14 words and only 1 even pointed to a possible profanity. Basically the punishment did not fit the crime> i tried to offer a resonable compromise of put it to a vote if majority agree then i could at least run but would not get any points,( so much for democracy in the new country of heat) id say that would b fare manly because a written rule is nothing like a warning in any strech of the imagination. If this even gets posted ill probably get kicked out of the leauge I was told i was warping but only 1 outa how many crs onmy screen was jumpy i got comcast, a freekin fast comp a hard wired connection no wireless here and kicked every 1 in my house off the internet i have ipheader compresion diabled this causes warp at start fin line and disabled my vnetbios in the early days of heat i wrote the bible for omline gaming and the 56k modem it was posted at Highcompression and blackhole for years so I know how to set up a stsble connection. So in closing if Lapaige71 doesnt take this as a direct threat to his athority over all us little people please feal free to respond of course theres going to be censorship.

Thank you in advance for your time

Steven {Red} Holden
bover907
League Administrator

Re: This was unfair

Post by bover907 »

I'll respond...

Listen, and please don't take this the wrong way, but just to sum up a discussion that's been had many times before.

As far as "so much for democracy in heat"..... Remember Heat may be a democracy and IRF may have been a democracy... but The NHRL, as well as any other leagues aren't. That's just a nature of things. Same with NR2k3, iRacing, whatever the sim, a league is a league.

Think of the NHRL as more of an Autocracy. Some may not like that, but it is what it is.... The rules are there, and they are there to be followed as established rules, and not debated, or re-voted every time someone thinks they are unfair or worked to their disadvantage. The NHRL hasn't been around since 2002, with basically the same core of good drivers by accident.
redimuss wrote:So in closing if Lapaige71 doesnt take this as a direct threat to his athority over all us little people please feal free to respond of course theres going to be censorship.
Now, here's where my rant comes in. You could have pm'd this to the admins, or finished this all up in ventrilo last night, but since you brought it to the forum, then you open yourself up to what an assistant such as myself (or anyone else in the league for that matter) has to say.

Soooooo.... I will tell you this. The NHRL is a Free league, to which lepage puts in 100% of the $$$ and 90% of the time and effort to run. His authority, (and to the extent those who he designates) exists because it's his show. He pays for it, He puts all the time in, that's that.
Believe it or not, it's a simple as this.....
The kid who brings the basketball to the playground, gets to make up the rules. If the other kids don't want to do it his way, he can take his basketball home, or those kids can go get their own basketball.

With that, the only thing I can say, and there's no way to say it without sounding crass, is your options are to
  1. accept the rules as they are, abide by them, and have fun racing, or
  2. find a league that suits your liking, or
  3. do what so many others have done in the past, and make your own league, and see if you can do it better.
No one here is doubting your race ability. Your on-track driving is great. But, we have rules of conduct here, and they do exist for a reason. People can either follow them, or find somewhere else to race. When the Admins of this league make a determination, they do it for a reason, and they don't take it lightly.
redimuss wrote:I was told i was warping but only 1 outa how many crs onmy screen was jumpy i got comcast, a freekin fast comp a hard wired connection no wireless here and kicked every 1 in my house off the internet i have ipheader compresion diabled this causes warp at start fin line and disabled my vnetbios in the early days of heat i wrote the bible for omline gaming and the 56k modem it was posted at Highcompression and blackhole for years so I know how to set up a stsble connection.
I don't care if you built heat with ISI, and helped Al Gore build the internet and are running heat on NASA's super computer. Fact is you were warping. But warping isn't the issue here. The issue is your rules violation, subsequent penalty, your grievance with it, and how you've chosen to handle it thus far, and you are indeed going about it the wrong way.

The NHRL rules are there for a reason, and these include conduct rules as well. They are to be followed or there will be penalties and that's just the way it is. Every league I've seen that bends on rules, or gives in to rants such as yours, ends up just getting torn apart by people such as yourself, or just loosing members and fading away.

All that said, of course we'd love to add a driver with your talent, but I for one, will not tolerate someone who comes in here, try to undermine the rules, throw around insults at lepage, and generally trash the way things are run around here. The NHRL was here before you joined, and it'll be here when you quit for all I care. That's more of a blanket statement to anyone who does what you just did, and not you directly, but if the shoe fits, wear it. I see it in every game, and every league whose forums I've visited.

To anyone else to wants to rant about how they don't like the rules, or how they're administered, or about "lepage's authority" in relation to "the little people" Like I said, It's the NHRL's basketball. You can play our way, or get your own basketball.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

That was well said Bover the rules are here for a reason and like it or not we all have to abide by them..The ADULT thing to do is take what ever infraction that was givin to you and if in question take it to the attention of the giver or any admin that can explain why you got it and post your complaint with them and deal with their choice on the matter.....not trying to get in the middle of a fight but you asked for others appinion on this and this was mine.......
redimuss
League Member

Post by redimuss »

Thanks BK i apriciate your honesty
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

redimuss wrote:Thanks BK i apriciate your honesty
But not Bov's?
In Reef we trust.