For Retro...

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Reef
League Member

For Retro...

Post by Reef »

Here's a bunch of laps I put in at Oxford Plains Speedway in iRacing modifieds. Oxford is my local track here in Maine, about 30 mins from the house. The in-sim track is about as close to the real thing as I've seen. Me and these two guys ran pretty much nose to tail for about an hour and a half in practice, fun as hell.

Races are scheduled for Sunday and Monday, I'll post a replay of a race or two if it goes well. :D

Modified practice
bover907
League Administrator

Re: For Retro...

Post by bover907 »

Pretty neat. Loved the way you were working the track to see where dude was f-in up and you could gain oh him.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Sweet, wish we had an Oxford Plains track for Heat, its a great track!
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

yeah, I about shit my pants when I saw that on the schedule. Great lil place. The fast line is just like the real thing, hug the corners and way out to the center of the wall, then dive back down.
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

DusterLag wrote:Sweet, wish we had an Oxford Plains track for Heat, its a great track!
Ask Flash over at The Mod Squad forums. He made the track and had it posted at SUPRS, but they redesigned that site awhile back and all the public downloads are not visible anymore. :roll
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Suprs was that pay to play mod, for $20 bucks I think you were given access to the mod and templates. I applied long ago and was ignored. Kinda cheesy imo, there are many guys who have put in countless hours and risked relationships for this game and wanted nothing for it in return. To charge for a mod is just plain wrong. I'd like to see if the .trk file is still around, be interesting to see what it looks like.
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Oops... I'm sorry, it was Oswego that Flash made. I saw the track name that started with an "O" and assumed it was that one you asked about. :laughing

Sorry for getting those confused.

But yes, SUPRS is the site where they charge you to get their mod and templates. :roll

They say it goes back into a fund to support the fallen drivers and their families and all that stuff... which is fine, but the fact remains they are the only Nascar heat site to charge money for anything related to any mods.

I wonder how they would like it is we suddenly started charging them "back rent" for the use of all the tracks they use with their mod.

I have never liked supermodifieds though, so I guess they can stick to their corner of the world and be happy with themselves.

Hehehe... at one time, they were looking for help to get some models they had into NR2003. I guess they'd go charging for that too. :meanlaughter
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

Looking good Reef!!! Oh how I wish we had a nice "modified' mod for heat.Cockpit and every thing else looked pretty dead on,nice mod.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

retroracer wrote:Looking good Reef!!! Oh how I wish we had a nice "modified' mod for heat.Cockpit and every thing else looked pretty dead on,nice mod.
you can always yell at ray and see if you cant get him running :P
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I'm looking to put something in the works after we get the regular cup stuff out of the way.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

mustangman759 wrote:
retroracer wrote:Looking good Reef!!! Oh how I wish we had a nice "modified' mod for heat.Cockpit and every thing else looked pretty dead on,nice mod.
you can always yell at ray and see if you cant get him running :P
Last time I spoke to Ray that project was pretty much dead in the water.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Not really "dead in the water".... it is just a matter of finding enough time to work on it, with all the other stuff going on in both real life and Heat editing both. We are still trying to get new trucks out for people to use, and with the way NASCAR changes stuff every month or two, it is hard enough to keep up with Nationwide and Sprint Cup stuff... which more folks use than anything else.

Maybe once the trucks are done and sent off to Blaxman to finish up for Platinum G2, then I can get back onto the latemodels and modifieds for Heat. There is just no telling when that might be though. I just have a ton of stuff going on, and try not to get burnt out working on one thing at a time.

If you guys here want to do your own modifieds, I have absolutely no problems with that idea. It isn't like they are an exclusive to me or anyone else. Anyone with the ability to do them is more than welcome to try. :)

Matter of fact, there is still 3 different modified mods out there already. Lucky did one way back in the day, DRT-Editing had one... and even the site I can't stand, Raceline Central did one called Amods (which was a rip off of the ones started when the game first came out)... so there are mods out there for them already. ;)
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I'm going to do them from scratch, Ray. The NHRL Cup mod is actually a model from Dan Nisbet for the SimModified COT mod, for NR2k3. I used the shell and then remade everything myself as far as chassis, interior and windows and such. So, even though I released the mod, it was still someone else's car model. This I want to make from scratch, for that reason. Something totally new, you know? I could probably get permission to use simodified's modified models, but I really want to do something from scrath this time.

We've been using the original heat body for that nhrl nbs mod that has slightly modified physics, and then the NHRL cup mod wich is very very close to original heat's physics, Then we still use hc's antiquated cts mod, because the racing in that mod is REALLY a blast. so I'm going to try something different to kinda stir things up a bit around here.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

That sounds good, Bov. I never have liked Simodified's modified models anyways. They don't even look all that good in renders, much less the NR2003 game. But those models were done fairly quick, since Simodified's handlers wanted them done as fast as they could get them so they could run that failed league of theirs with them. :laughing

Truth be told, I have nothing at all against Dan Nisbet. It was two others I didn't like there after speaking with them and being rushed every time I talked with them. But I've probably told you that long story before.

Needless to say, they could have had better models if they hadn't been such douchebags about everything. :)
DSSProdDirector
Provisional Member

Post by DSSProdDirector »

Nice.Pretty neat.
__|
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\