NHRL Cup Schedule

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
tjwild
League Member

NHRL Cup Schedule

Post by tjwild »

was wondering why a full season of the the nhrl cup not ran like the sprint cups in nascar is it because to much time taken would be taken up or away for the other mods or is it just because none brought it up i just thought it would be some thing to bring up since i haven't seen it up in the air i think it would be cool to run full season like that in the nhrl cup
bover907
League Administrator

Re: NHRL Cup Schedule

Post by bover907 »

We used to run a 30 race sechedule. It was hard to do as it was back then. Historicaly, we always have an attendence drop about mid summer. What we've tried to do in the past three years, was to strategically schedule off weekends on peak vacation periods over the summer. Another thing we fight is the increased amount of saturday night Sprint Cup races that are on T.V. It's always been our policy to not start our cup events until the cup race on T.V. ends, but there's some races that just run too late for that, i.e. the Coke600, and the Night daytona race in July.

That's how we arived at the schedule we've ran the last 3 years, and even then we still fight mid-late season attendence issues.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

speaking of th schedule I'd like to see more mile and mile and a half tracks in there shrt tracks are ok but I personally would prefer one or two road courses,acourse Daytona and Talladega,Chicago Michigan,Texas,Callifornia,Brickyard,Pocono,Kansas,and so on...........just some food for thought if we have a short track throw in the rock and Bristol....lol
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Adding to what Bover stated about mid to late season attendance,ithink some of that is do to guys that finish badly in early season races,
either to their own driving mistakes,or mistakes of others,and feel they have no chance to run up top.Which brings me to the subject of
encouraging others to join .and then offering some advice to help them get with the flow.As Heat enters into its 11th year,the longest
lasting community of sim racing that I know of, and probably one of the longest lasting multiplayer pc games thats still ongoing,i'm sure
the time will come when its long run may wither.Encouraging others to join will help to slow that process . :mrgreen
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

I don't know about early season bad finishes. I SUCKED, but turned out okay. Others just quitters. :meanlaughter
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

That's a good idea Speedy , if only we could get the ones serious about lerning to run and stay competetive , most just want to cause headaches for the others of us that take our community to heart...If we could weed out the trouble makers and the goofers we'd be ok.. As for me when I first started I sucked ( not that that has improoved alot lmao ) but at least I try and show up for every race no matter how bad I am there sooner or later I'll get the hang of that paticular track and do better!! But then I feel that this league is the best and I want to do all I can to keep it going and improve it any way that I can.......The younger ones just don't seem to have that comitment to the league as we all do................
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Heat is always competing for players with the newer racing games hitting the market,the younger guys dont really understand what
it has taken to keep Heat competitive .I've seen alot of guys come and go,some from all the way back during IRF days.Alot of em,stayed,or returned to race heat again.I see alot of clean racers that enjoy themselves,but still take their racing serious.There isn't a built in weeding system for heat, but we still seem to get the weeding done!
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

compared to other racing leagues I have to agree that the NHRL has been the fairest of any league I have partisapated in. The admins and other drivers for the most part have done an exalent job in keeping heat more interesting than any other online racing game.............