Rotor help

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
tjwild
League Member

Rotor help

Post by tjwild »

i am looking for some Rotor help i have a DYNEX Rotor i cant Figure out how to get in it to shut down the fire wall
i can get in to the Dedicate just by clicking Connection but when i try it to do Connection with ip i cant get in it so that makes me think its a fire wall in the router i have the dedicated server on a Different computer and my racing game on a another one
can some help me out pls ?
DaveO
League Member

Re: Rotor help

Post by DaveO »

tjwild wrote:i am looking for some Rotor help i have a DYNEX Rotor i cant Figure out how to get in it to shut down the fire wall
i can get in to the Dedicate just by clicking Connection but when i try it to do Connection with ip i cant get in it so that makes me think its a fire wall in the router i have the dedicated server on a Different computer and my racing game on a another one
can some help me out pls ?
Hey Wild,

I did some quick google search's on your Dynex Router. To download a manual to read about your router.

Go to this link: http://www.dynexsupport.com/product/?pid=DX-WGRTR#

Also not sure if you know how to get into your router software?? But here's is another link that will reset your router password, so you can get into your router software.

http://4smart.net/blog/tag/dynex-router-password-reset/

Good Luck!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Since there is a "Router Help" topic I figured I didnt need to add more crap. Speaking of crap I have tried to access my router with XP Home OS and can Not access it. I have a Linksys Etherfast cable/dsl Router model #BEFSR41. I can get online with both computers but cant access the router. I rebooted both my modem and the router, back to the factory defaults, and still cant access it. I shut down my firewall, not recomended, and still...cant access the router. Did the cmd/ipconfig thing, the numbers match the router..as far as I remember. I can access it with my old NT system...But who the hell wants that. Im running out of ideas anyone else have some..

Thanks
Jess 96
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Jess, what's the exact reason you can't access your router? The only two I can think of are a) you can't remember the address, or b) you can't remember the password.

For case a, you google your router's instruction literature if you don't have it. For case b, you could try the step below:

A lot of routers, if you reset it with a paperclip in the reset hole, but instead of momentarily pressing it, you hold it for 10-15 seconds the whole thing will set to factory defaults, including the username and password.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Is it a brake rotor or an old ignition rotor?
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

bover907 wrote:Jess, what's the exact reason you can't access your router? The only two I can think of are a) you can't remember the address, or b) you can't remember the password.

For case a, you google your router's instruction literature if you don't have it. For case b, you could try the step below:

A lot of routers, if you reset it with a paperclip in the reset hole, but instead of momentarily pressing it, you hold it for 10-15 seconds the whole thing will set to factory defaults, including the username and password.
Bover the reason I cant access the router is XP wont allow it. I have already "factory reset" it. It didnt help. The router address is 192.168.1.1, and the "default: password is admin. What happends is when I type that(192.168.1.1) in the address bar it goes to the admin panel (where you put user name and password) when I do that and press enter it goes crazy. It seems like it wants to go into it(router) but somthing is stopping it,like a firewall, but I shut down the firewall(you dont need to be online to access the router) and tried it...still nothing. Do you need Windows xp pro? I use xp home. I can access the router using my old NT system but thats a little old.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

:P After hours of searching online and just bouncing around my computer :beatingcomputer I figured it out. I knew I was getting blocked,so I was looking at all my firewalls, turning them on and off then tring to access the router. To no avail :banginghead . So I started thinking "I wonder if my antivirus program has a firewall in it :? or somthing close to a firewall". BAM I use the AVG program and in there is a "LinkScanner active surf shield" I turned off my modem and then turned off the active shield. Now I can access my router with XP home :aliencheers . Thanks for responding so quickly to my problem. You guys rock :winking
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

There might be more practical ways, but I've found having a wii you can go to their support site and they got easy links to open your router settings. Easy way to access it, and you don't have to remember anything. I like that. :meanlaughter
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Jess, you should never have more than one firewall. Most (if not all) routers have a firewall in them, as do most dsl and cable modems. If your sure that your modem or router has a firewall (and it's configured properly), turn off ALL software firewalls. I can't stress the importance of having your firewall in the router configured properly though.

I have winXP Home and I have DSL and I have a netgear router. I bridged the modem, which means the firewall in it is off, since my router has it's own firewall. When you bridge your cable/dsl modem, you have to configure your router with your internet connection info (username, password, etc). Since I have the firewall in my router, I have windows firewall and my antivirus' firewall turned off.

Hope this info helps too.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image