NASCAR switching back to the spoiler mid season

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
BlackKnight
League Member

NASCAR switching back to the spoiler mid season

Post by BlackKnight »

Not sure if I am posting this in right spot or not but with it pertaining to NASCAR figured this would be the spot; When the time comes that nascar switches back to the spoiler are we here at NHRL going to fallow suit or finish our season with the wing?????? This question is mostly for the ADMINS since they are the best ones to answer this one........
BlackKnight
League Member

Re: NASCAR switching back to the spoiler mid season

Post by BlackKnight »

Nascar announced during the bud shoot out that some time around mid season that they are going to drop the wing on the cot's and return to a spoiler that nascar has developed which they will regulate same as they have the rear wing they also said that some of the drivers are looking forword to the change as for our drivers here at NHRL I was wondering what your opinions are and what kind of effects do you all think this will make on the future of racing at these speeds and with the cot cars??????? Please leave a post on what you think of this move:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Personally, I don't see the need to release a new mod, or an update for everyone to have to download. The way nascar changes it's mind, who knows what they'll do next.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

bover907 wrote:Personally, I don't see the need to release a new mod, or an update for everyone to have to download. The way nascar changes it's mind, who knows what they'll do next.

well said bover I happen to agree with you 100% on that one; if we were to change who's to say nascar wouldn't consider going back to the wing
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Right. Plus, removing the wing means making new car models, which means an update, which means eveyone would have to download it. New guys (and some vets) have enough trouble setting up heat and all it's patches and mods, why add another?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Late but, Bover the physics wouldnt change right? Make the spoiler premapped like you did for the part of wing on the wing model and then the paints could be the same... if thats all that changes. And if physics stay the same setups would too... meaning all that needs to be downloaded is the new nhrlcup.car file which can be added right into the NHRLCup folder. I know modeling is annoying though.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

BMX, understand that this discussion happened before NASCAR even ran it's first spoiler race, and had even finalized weather or not they were staying with the spoiler from Martinsville going forward.

IF....... and that's a very big if........ We were to do something differnet with the current NHRL cup car, it would definately not be mid-season. Period.

The NASCAR Heat Racing League is not NASCAR. We are not nearly as whimsical as NASCAR. We never make mid season changes to anything.

As to your other points. OF COURSE if I did make a spolier car, it would use a very similar template where a skin could be backward and forward compatible, with minimal adjustment. Please don't insult my intelligence.

As far as Physics, that would depend on what we decided to do in relation to NASCAR's spolier rules. Currently NASCAR has the teams using a FIXED ANGLE spoiler. Yes, I could replicate that, and we'd all loose the ability to adjust the rear downforce of the car, (via the rear spolier adjustment) just as what the NASCAR teams currently deal with. I am not sure the League's membership and/or administration would want that. (Nor are we starting a debate on it now!)

The other option would be to have the spoiler graphically look fixed, while still maintaining the adjustability in the garage. These are questions that haven't even been raised yet, nor will I entertain them at this time. If anyone wants mods that exactly follow NASCAR, there are people who work VERY dilligently on them, and do outstanding work, and you all know where to find them. :happy
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Bov,

I do not expect NHRL to switch mid-season. Thought I am amazed you've already worked ahead. Shows how much you care about us <3 lol. Thanks Bov and don't get mad :(
Last edited by bmxtwins on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Bov,

I do not expect NHRL to switch mid-season. Thought I am amazed you've already worked ahead. Shows how much you care about us <3 lol. Thanks Bov and don't get mad :(