My Opinion for the CTS Series

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
hawkseye05
Provisional Member

My Opinion for the CTS Series

Post by hawkseye05 »

Ok, I'm thinking that we should move our CTS Series to the COT Platinum G1 Trucks, it has up to date trucks and drivers... just my suggestion, hope we can i think it would be cool :driving
Gonna be the BEST NASCAR Game EVER!

Reef
League Member

Re: My Opinion for the CTS Series

Post by Reef »

Our? Have you even been approved yet? If you plan on running here, how about getting to know some people and actually running what the NHRL offers before you go and make statements like that.
Henderson
League Member

Post by Henderson »

I agree with Reef. I am new to NHRL, and haven't even run a race yet, and I would think of making them change mods. They have been running these mods since they opened their doors in 2003. I don't think they are going to want to change anytime soon. Plus, the COT Platinum mods have high poly rates. Now I don't know anything about polys or whatnot, but I have heard from people that that can even make people with cable or DSL internet laggy. I just don't think the G2 mods are best when you have an average of 10-13 guys showing up for a race.
Graphic Design Major at the Art Institute of Charlotte.
Personal Facebook | Schemes Facebook
hawkseye05
Provisional Member

Post by hawkseye05 »

yeah i understand man
Gonna be the BEST NASCAR Game EVER!

bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

McMurray, You're partially right.

You're right in that being new to a league, you don't think you'd be up to telling them how you feel they should change mods....... I'd never do such a thing....

The poly count or even high detail textures, or both won't affect online performance at all, really. All that goes over the internet when you're online racing is all of the competitor's positioning and scoring data. That's it. So basically your online performance is more about your connection.

If your computer can handle a mod offline, it'lll handle it just fine online as long as your connection is adequate.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

And dump DSL if it's an option. DSL is comparative to the days of 57kps dial-up. 1.5 meg is the max sustained speed for DSL. If DSL is your only choice keep it, but don't let anyone fool you with BS about "burst" speeds. Copper phone lines will melt with sustained speeds above 1500. Just an fyi from Rook the telecommunications professional.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i think what NHRL got on the table is just fine NHRL CUP , NHRL NBS and the NHRL CTS when i run this mods i dont see what i see when i run the COT Platinum and im on cable . i with bover on what he said to but why change any thing when it works good for every one CTS is CTS no mater what mod its in .
Henderson
League Member

Post by Henderson »

bover907 wrote:McMurray, You're partially right.

You're right in that being new to a league, you don't think you'd be up to telling them how you feel they should change mods....... I'd never do such a thing....

The poly count or even high detail textures, or both won't affect online performance at all, really. All that goes over the internet when you're online racing is all of the competitor's positioning and scoring data. That's it. So basically your online performance is more about your connection.

If your computer can handle a mod offline, it'lll handle it just fine online as long as your connection is adequate.
Hm. Didn't know that Bover. Thanks.
I thought that I was right, because I am better with my connection if I play the original NASCAR Heat game, opposed to G2, but I am certainly not about to argue with a guy that has been racing Heat for a couple years. :happy
Thanks for telling me though.
Graphic Design Major at the Art Institute of Charlotte.
Personal Facebook | Schemes Facebook
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Well now, actually, the more I think of it, it can be tied together, somewhat. Thing to remember about the Platinum mods is that those guys are pushing the envelope to see just how much they can get out of heat. That said, if your computer is for the most part "strapped" handling that mod, Then your internet connection will suffer some, because of all the "juice" the mod is using. Also, since the computer is struggling at that point, any "juice" that goes to the internet connection (yes internet connections do use processing power) takes away from the games performance. So in essence they are tied together a little, but not practically if you have a powerhouse machine.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image