"ITS A GAME PEOPLE"

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
Parsons08

"ITS A GAME PEOPLE"

Post by Parsons08 »

This is a computer game. I was only 2 laps down to the closet car when a&&hole nut told me to leave. So I did. Got damage early and was slow darn. If this gets me banned well Im sorry buts its a game and is suppose to be fun. Not fun running with people who complain. Remember its a GAME. Im still learning but cant learn on IRF to run with 12-15 cars cause there are never that many at one time on IRF. Well I said my peace if you feel I don't deserve to race again well then good luck in the season.(was just helping Doc get some points). GLA Par
CatCatch22

Re: "ITS A GAME PEOPLE"

Post by CatCatch22 »

It is a game indeed and yes its really fun to play, however some people here practiced a long time for that race. I myself practiced at least 200 laps of offline and online practicing for the race so I could at least finish ahead of fireman and gain points. This is one of my favorite tracks and was really dissapointed. I understand we all have busy schedules and can not get enough practice in to run the best you can every week, I am a victom of that circumstance many a time. If that is the case then don't race or at least create a setup where you can easily move about the track an not wrecking anyone even if it means doing horrible lap times.

As for racing against large packs, well race against the cpu offline. The cpu is lousy but if you can race against them and not wreck of get into an incident then when you race online it will be a piece of cake. Pick your best track and race the AI with a bunch of cars but do not move int first. Race whithen the pack and get used to bumping and driving around other cars. You don't need to race online to get pack driving experience.
Parsons08

Post by Parsons08 »

The thing is I never touched a sole and I do have a set-up that allows me to get out of the way that is why I am slow. The only time I got damage was when I was getting out of the way. I myself came up on a car that was barely moving and had to avoid, which caused me to spin out of control and hit the inside wall(for which i pitted on lap two).
lepage71

Post by lepage71 »

Parsons, I appreciate your efforts to be courteous to other drivers and allow the leaders to pass by. But our races can not be seen as a training ground for a track, a setup, or a driving style. It is very difficult to run a race when a car is 30mph slower on the straightaways, it becomes dodge ball instead of just passing a lapped car. If a driver can not run the high line, and has to slam his car into the wall every time a car goes by, that tells me that a driver does not belong on the track for that race. If a car cannot even run a high groove, then something is very wrong.

I apologize for WireNut's flaming and I will talk to him about it. But you should not have reacted with yet another flame. He would have been penalized, but since both of you did it, I don't want punish both Skoty AND Doc for something they weren't even around to see.

Bottom line, you need to have a complete handle on a track to compete in our league. I know you are a new driver, but this is not the league to run in if you are not comfortable with a certain track. I know the incident with Wire may not have been completely your fault, but at one point or another you got together with almost every single car.

I have no problem letting you sub, but you must show me you can drive a track - without slamming against the wall every time a guy comes by. That is ridiculous, and you must be able to run a high line. Its part of racing.
IMDEDXX

Post by IMDEDXX »

just a few words about Parsons. i've been racing with this guy every saturday night for the past 6 months or more. i can't recall EVER making contact with him. we raced side by side last night at homestead for about 10 laps and never hit each other OR the wall. AND he was running at the normal race pace or i would have been able to pass. maybe he wasn't ready for cali, i don't know. cars going 30 mph slower sounds like a real busch race to me, (they always gripe about cars off the pace...lol) anyways, next time i need a sub i'm gonna ask parsons to do it because i know if he's prepared he'll do just fine.