Win 7 widescreen issue

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
mustangman759
League Member

Win 7 widescreen issue

Post by mustangman759 »

screenshot of problem im having in heat using windows 7 any idea? Only thing I noticed was when I print screened it it did not record the surrounding black bars...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Re: Win 7 widescreen issue

Post by bover907 »

Did you use the UI control center app from the Modsquad? Because it's possible that you changed the menu screen resolution from it's default. Either way, Heat's Menu screens are 640x480 resolution. DirectX (3d software from microsoft that installs with virtually ANY video chip) automatically changes your screen resolution in games. Even on my 1680x1050 21" monitor, the screens are actually only 640x480 resolution. (They just get stretched to fit the screen) if I press the print screen button, the resulting image is only 640x480. I noticed your image there is actually 1,152x648. Either your directX settings aren't correct, or your patch.bin file in heat is messed up.
  • Let me know:
  • did you change the resolutions with the UI control center? If you did, then go back and set the User Interface resolution to 640x480, and the In Game Resolution to your monitors Native Resolution (in my case, 1680x1050, yours will likely differ) See image below.
  • Let me know what video card/on-board chip type you're using.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

yea all it did was make it smaller. found a solution though! If on the nvidia control panel I switch to the highest default heat resolution it will adjust itsself, although wouldnt mind a permanent solution. my problem was actually ingame graphics were affected to.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Keep in mind that the UI screens will always be 640x480 on a widescreen monitor there will be black bars on each side (the screen resolutions is automatically changed to 640x480 and centers it on the display so it does not look stretched).

If you change the UI resolutionon from 640x480 then the UI screen's will have more black space as the UI pictures themselves will not change size only the space there allowed to fill. (As far as I know no mod has been made with UI screens larger than 640x480 therefore there is no reason to go beyond that size.

As for race/in-game resolution, you should set it via UI Control Center to your monitors native resolution (be sure to select 800x600 on the ingame graphics page to utilize the UICC's resolution selection). To find your monitors native resolution, right click on the desktop and select Screen Resolution it will show "Resolution: 0000x0000 (recommended)".
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

mustangman759 wrote:yea all it did was make it smaller. found a solution though! If on the nvidia control panel I switch to the highest default heat resolution it will adjust itsself, although wouldnt mind a permanent solution. my problem was actually ingame graphics were affected to.
It sounds to me like your creating a problem when there was not actually one.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

native resolution = 1920 by 1080. it was doing this before i touched any graphic card settings, all I did was change resolution from graphic card to 1240 1024 or what ever it was and it would go wide screen again. but whenever i try custom UI it doesnt work and goes to same affect, dont know what to try but what I did works for now but I must change resolution to do anything else though,,,
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

have also noticed my mods have different speeds when playing them,this isnt normal, any known fix? 1 sec im 5 mph faster the next im 5mph slower...)
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

mustangman759 wrote:have also noticed my mods have different speeds when playing them,this isnt normal, any known fix? 1 sec im 5 mph faster the next im 5mph slower...)
hmm, could any of this be do to virtualstore thing?
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

mustangman759 wrote:native resolution = 1920 by 1080. it was doing this before i touched any graphic card settings, all I did was change resolution from graphic card to 1240 1024 or what ever it was and it would go wide screen again. but whenever i try custom UI it doesnt work and goes to same affect, dont know what to try but what I did works for now but I must change resolution to do anything else though,,,
Did you set the in-game graphics settings to 800x600?
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

mustangman759 wrote:
mustangman759 wrote:have also noticed my mods have different speeds when playing them,this isnt normal, any known fix? 1 sec im 5 mph faster the next im 5mph slower...)
hmm, could any of this be do to virtualstore thing?
If it is you should see a "Compatibility Files" button as a option when browsing the NASCAR Heat Folder...

Be sure to follow this guide to avoid all those problems, also Heat Essentials 2 prevents alot of it...
http://www.heatfinder.net/guides.php?c=nhse2
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Do you have the options.cfg file from your old pc, copy it and see if that makes a difference, is could be something as simple as controler settings, same with your controler's profiler settings.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

well yea I missed that bit it seems to have done the trick (btw all mod files are from previous computer) after deleteing virtual store and restoring the G2 mod it works fine now, sorry I missed the virtual store step :) monitor is still an issue though
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

btw, Not all systems letterbox the ui screens on widescreen displays. My monitor has 640x480 as one of it's supported resilutions, and I don't know if it's the video card or monitor or both, but my UI screens get stretched to fit the whole screen. But it I take a screenie, the screenie comes out being 640x480 still. Same with in-game screens if I don't use the custom setting.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

bover907 wrote:btw, Not all systems letterbox the ui screens on widescreen displays. My monitor has 640x480 as one of it's supported resilutions, and I don't know if it's the video card or monitor or both, but my UI screens get stretched to fit the whole screen. But it I take a screenie, the screenie comes out being 640x480 still. Same with in-game screens if I don't use the custom setting.
Are you using a VGA connection?
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

yes
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
mustangman759