Dangerous driving ?

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

In your opinion,would you consider this dangerous driving ?

It appears you rammed car21 as he entered the pits,yes...you drove dangerously
40%
It appears you hit car#21 after he dove in front of you in an illegal pit entrance maneuver that he began from the outside lane.
No votes
It appears that car#21, attempting to pit from the outside lane, caused incident ,by driving dangerously and pitting illegally.
60%
Its to hard to tell from this view.
No votes
I dont know
No votes
Both of you drove dangerously
No votes

Total votes: 5

SpeedyExiter
League Member

Dangerous driving ?

Post by SpeedyExiter »

please view this video from my cockpit mode and answer the poll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAfy5W20sPs
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: Dangerous driving ?

Post by Rookiesrock »

The 21 pitted haphazardly indeed! The poll is not allowing me to sumbit.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

maybe if your protesting your penalty you should do it correctly, putting it up here is kinda dumb.
and if you were paying attention you would have saw
Mustangman: PPPP
(or something of the nature) which would mean im pitting and that you should go high where you had plenty of room, instead of ramming into the back of me and jamming ym car between to walls in pitlane.
anyways its the admins job to decide who's fault it is.
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

mustangman759 wrote:which would mean im pitting and that you should go high where you had plenty of room, instead of ramming into the back of me and jamming ym car between to walls in pitlane.
Can't tell from this camera angle, but BMX seemed to be on the outside. To many variables can fall into place at Martinsville. The track is tight and is only two lanes wide. When a car pits it almost needs to brake on the inside lane to get a half decent angle to enter the pits, this gives drivers a better angle to hopefully avoid that inside wall. As said, speedy seems like he had a car on the outside so he could have been blocked from going high, and I have no clue why he would be down there otherwise. During this race the server was also whacking out. You could have said you were pitting, but due the lag of the server that night the message could have come late. If this is the case Speedy could have thought you were turning early in the turn, or moving out of the way for BMX, instead of pitting. Or he could have thought you were turning like normal, and was thinking with the server issue that night your car was just behind per say on his screen.

Gotta look at these things at all angles.
In Reef we trust.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

i actualy did talk to speedy after the race and i dont see why a penalty was neccessary considering the lag and bad angle ,i just dont see why it was brought up here.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Speedy divebombed the corner, he rear ended 21 and should've been wider.

DUH!
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I'll chime in here. First off, the server looks really awful from the video. Secondly, rules are rules and the driver of the 21 car did NOT execute proper pitting protocol. Even if you signal PPP at martinsville it is a very hectic race since it's small a lot of passing going on and pitting so you can't always look at the chat every second but should be aware of your surroundings. Thirdly Mustang, the pole did not mention your name or who was driving that car. The pole states the 21. If you didn't do anything wrong which i am pretty sure you were one of the votes that voted the 21 did not do anything wrong for that matter, why would you care if this was posted. To me it's one of the drivers in a two car incident trying to find out from fellow drivers if he was wrong or if he was doing what he should. In my opinion the 21 cut down in front of the driver. You can hear the motor wind down in the in car view so that driver was off the gas and could have not braked in time anyway. The 21 should have been down in the lower lane instead of floating high hitting the wall then cutting down in front of another car to pit. My vote...the 21 made a bad choice. Finally the proper pitting procedure directly from the rules page at http://www.nascarheatracingleague.com/rules/#V DUH!

Rules:
E. Pitting on Short Tracks

Entering Pit Road: Bristol, IRP, MP Memphis, and Richmond each have entrance aprons. At these tracks, drivers should signal their intentions, move to the left-most lane, and enter the apron before reaching turn 3. Drivers must maintain safe speeds on the apron and avoid sliding back onto the racing surface. Martinsville and nwilkesboro n do not have entrance aprons. At these tracks, drivers should signal their intentions, move to the left-most lane in turn 2, and decelerate on the pavement leading to pit road.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Yeah, post a poll and get everyone's opinion for what, to verify your suspicions that us admins are just power hungry imbeciles who have NOTHING BETTER to do but give out penalties for our own amusement? Yeah, we do that to see if we can only have 8 people show up to the next race instead of 10.

We are human, and may not get everything 100% right 100% of the time, but I think we do a pretty decent job. The NHRL has been around since 2002. It's definately the longest standing Heat league, and also one of the longest standing SIM RACING COMMUNITIES/LEAGUES period, regardless of sim. That doesn't happen by accident. It happens, believe it or not, by way of consistency, and general order. I've watched MANY a league start out with a lot of hope, and inevitably decend into chaos and ultimate demise by giving in to whims, inconsistant rulings, and general power hungryness. (I made that word up). The NHRL hasn't existed for 8 years by accident.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

well petty wierd cuz i never voted....
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Petty why were you driving so low into the turns? Afraid to get passed :laughing

Oh, and OMG you got a penalty for divebombing last year, http://nhrl.net/series/results.php?seas ... s=2&race=7

and you submitted a poll for that too rofl.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Bmxtwins wrote:Petty why were you driving so low into the turns? Afraid to get passed :laughing

Oh, and OMG you got a penalty for divebombing last year, http://nhrl.net/series/results.php?seas ... s=2&race=7

and you submitted a poll for that too rofl.
Aaaannnnnnd you acomplish what by posting this?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image