Notes from Vegas

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
d3efan
League Administrator

Notes from Vegas

Post by d3efan »

It may be helpful to post some observations about races after reviewing the replays, to help everyone out who may not be clear about rules (those pesky rules! lol). Us admins take 3 or 4 guys each and review you every week looking for infractions. Big brother is watching. Some observations:

The thing about vegas you can always count on is being loose on old tires. Alot of guys were overly-loose and caused some mayhem on the track. Sometimes you have to give up some sprint speed to get a better handling car over the entire fuel run. I can easily take my qual car out there and run some fast laps but it doesn't help over the long run. Food for thought.

We see alot of the usual pitting infractions so let me clairify some stuff. Most folks enter their pit box pretty well, coming off the outside lane and not cutting too many boxes but exiting you must strive to get back to the outside pit lane as quickly as possible, while also not cutting too many boxes.

If the track calls for it and you exit off the apron onto the backstretch, you must stay in the low lane until entering turn 3. Please don't arc up prior to entering the turn.

Don't think I'm singling anyone out specifically. I'm making general observations to help out everyone.
Reef
League Member

Re: Notes from Vegas

Post by Reef »

d3efan wrote: We see alot of the usual pitting infractions so let me clairify some stuff. Most folks enter their pit box pretty well, coming off the outside lane and not cutting too many boxes but exiting you must strive to get back to the outside pit lane as quickly as possible, while also not cutting too many boxes.

If the track calls for it and you exit off the apron onto the backstretch, you must stay in the low lane until entering turn 3. Please don't arc up prior to entering the turn.

Don't think I'm singling anyone out specifically. I'm making general observations to help out everyone.
Maybe a refresher trip to the rules page might clear up some of the pitting issues. Last time I checked, there were pictures to go along with the explaination. One thing the admins should clarify is the amount of "boxes"/ stalls one may use to enter/exit their own stall, and where that stall limit takes effect.