standings

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
pparady
League Member

standings

Post by pparady »

i dont think i my points standings is correct..richmond wasn't added...can you correct
DusterLag
League Member

Re: standings

Post by DusterLag »

I was just reviewing this actually....

When adding up all my points for the season up to (17)Richmond...
I would have 2651 points but the standings page has 2070.
bmx woudl have 2737 but the standings page has 2167.
kyle would have 3148 but the standings page has only 2503.

What is the standings page updated to?? It says 17 races but is not acurate at all...
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

A. Don't forget the Drops. Remember every 5 races your worst finish would be dropped.

B. With the richmond penalties being TBA, those points are either not added or if they were they're 'unofficial', and will be updated accordingly.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

As far as I can tell, the points after Richmond are accurate. Remember, our standings system drops the worst finishes (lowest point totals) for each driver as the season progresses. I don't think that you guys are factoring this in. It's described under the "Season Standings" section in the league rules.

Just to nitpick on bover, the drops actually occur every four races...

Hopefully this provides some clarity for the 2009 CUP season:
cup standings 17.gif
According to the league rules, a driver's four lowest point totals are dropped after he reaches his sixteenth race. To use DusterLag as an example, he has the following point totals thus far:

172 + 158 + 155 + 155 + 152 + 128 + 176 + 170 + 167 + 179 + 176 + 179 + 184 + 178 + 146 + 176 = 2651.

The worst four are 155 + 152 + 128 + 146 = 581. Hence, 2651 - 581 = 2070.

The process is a little complicated so don't hesitate to ask us questions whenever there's confusion. Our system of Excel files automatically calculates everything so whenever there's an error it's likely from an incorrect race results rather than from an incorrect calculation. :ezboardnerd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

oh of course,, that explains everything!.All pts and standings aside,I ,myself ,have been way too busy trouble shooting all these late
summer AC unit system malfunctions ,then being asked to fix ,or R&R said units in 105+ degree temperatures,only to be asked to either wait for a payment,reduce my charges, or worse yet, accept a worthless piece of paper with a signature, just as worthless, that has mysteriuosly changed into rubber, after said unit's are fixed using my hard earned money,(Cant help if i'm such a nice guy).......................to worry about whether the standings are correct! I did ,however,find the time to use a calculator to calculate how much $ is owed to me and it is way more than all the figures in this Thread added up ...........Twice.!

Thx for letting me vent here,since i dont have time to write to Dear Abby! :cry:
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Curious question; what is the purpose of the drops? Does this help me ,hurt me,or just add to the confusion of the whole scheme of things?
also ,why is a driver whom has actually only attended a handful of races, being scored for 17 races,ahead of drivers that have
attended all or most of the scheduled races?
pparady
League Member

Post by pparady »

well i was 1879 before richmond ...i finished 4th...and i'm still 1879...i know the next couple races isnt gonna put me hustling for the gold medalion or anything but it just dont seem right
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

It seemed odd I went from 6th or 7th before Richmond to 10th after finishing ahead of bmx who is now higher than me in points. I'm just lost.

I guess I simply, completely, misunderstood the "droping" part.

I recall my issue.
Thank You!
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

SpeedyExiter wrote:oh of course,, that explains everything!.All pts and standings aside,I ,myself ,have been way too busy trouble shooting all these late
summer AC unit system malfunctions ,then being asked to fix ,or R&R said units in 105+ degree temperatures,only to be asked to either wait for a payment,reduce my charges, or worse yet, accept a worthless piece of paper with a signature, just as worthless, that has mysteriuosly changed into rubber, after said unit's are fixed using my hard earned money,(Cant help if i'm such a nice guy).......................to worry about whether the standings are correct! I did ,however,find the time to use a calculator to calculate how much $ is owed to me and it is way more than all the figures in this Thread added up ...........Twice.!

Thx for letting me vent here,since i dont have time to write to Dear Abby! :cry:
i didnt really want to beat a dead horse,but after returning this evening to the forum,and rereading my rant (see above)I noticed that
while i was in the process of typing .....Mr Lepage must have been doing the same and submitted his post with all the stats before
i finished mine.Therfore ...I just want to clarify that i am not owed THAT much $ twice Over,Ty :grin:

my post was in reference to BOVers post, and the 2 posts above his.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

is the deduction just the points (races) we got dropped?
and duster i also have same ? as duster does race dropping hurt us who race lets say 12 races but not the guy who raced 11 in total? because then wouldnt they get one less race dropped? correct me if im wrong thanks :)
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

The word "Drop" comes from the action of dropping, i.e. subtracting the points from your 5 worst finishes, Not to be confused with a disconnect. This could be a race where you wrecked, were just slow as hell, scored last, because you didn't get a sub, or even a disconnect.

There's one dropped race for each 5, so in the first five races, lets say your points were 180, 185, 155, 160, and 175. The third race, being the lowest is dropped. After Race ten, the two lowest points totals are dropped. If races 8 and 10 were your two lowest scores at that time, then those two would be the dropped races, and no longer race 3. Get it?

The last drop doesn't occur until after the 20th race which is next weeks finale at Talladega.

To answer your last question... Yes, someone who makes 19 races instead of 20 will end up having that missed race dropped.

Hope that clears it up for ya. :wink:
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Harding
League Member

Post by Harding »

OK I've got a question. Why doesn't the points system (dropping system) factor in rounds where you just cant commit to the racing? And you don't turn up to the round at all. Myself racing is 3pm on a Sunday, I can only make a couple of races. If it factored in the racing as a drop and the races I did attend went toward my total (instead of the two being dropped)then I would be a lot better off in the standings as would others who have had a few things pop up last minute.

It seems a very complex points system for little advantage, the only advantage I can see (unless an advantage is considered confusing everyone :mrgreen: ) is that it keeps the points a lot closer at the top of the table. But cant you just drop the worst 5 rounds or however many at the end of the series. That would save a bit of confusion, that and pulling out the calculator.
Every dog has his day
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

This is the second year this is in place. It's for the guy who races the whole season, and has a bad day or two. If you're a part timer (like me in NBS because work only allows me to race 2 out of every 5 sundays), Then you're not racing for points anyway, and it has no bearing either way. Basically you'd be dropping 5 zero's or 5 last places......

We'll be doing our usual polls at the end of the season, and one of the questions will be weather the league members want to keep that system or not.

One thing to remember guys, is that the rules for a season..... they are what they are, until the end of the season. No sense fretting over something one week before the season ends.

However one feels about certain things, all I can say is if you guys don't vote in the end of season polls every year, Shame on you, and accept what's there.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

There were no 2009 questions about points.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i have a question? would it be easer to put up list of who is in the point chase that way the one that not will not be in the way . i under stand that this thread for who point is whos point but i was just thinking about this and thought it might be a good subject .
thank u for ready this
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

bover907 wrote:The word "Drop" comes from the action of dropping, i.e. subtracting the points from your 5 worst finishes, Not to be confused with a disconnect. This could be a race where you wrecked, were just slow as hell, scored last, because you didn't get a sub, or even a disconnect.

There's one dropped race for each 5, so in the first five races, lets say your points were 180, 185, 155, 160, and 175. The third race, being the lowest is dropped. After Race ten, the two lowest points totals are dropped. If races 8 and 10 were your two lowest scores at that time, then those two would be the dropped races, and no longer race 3. Get it?

The last drop doesn't occur until after the 20th race which is next weeks finale at Talladega.

To answer your last question... Yes, someone who makes 19 races instead of 20 will end up having that missed race dropped.

Hope that clears it up for ya. :wink:
thanks makes sence thanks
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

tjwild wrote:i have a question? would it be easer to put up list of who is in the point chase that way the one that not will not be in the way . i under stand that this thread for who point is whos point but i was just thinking about this and thought it might be a good subject .
thank u for ready this
I don't think anyone wants to race that way. If you use the same courtesy to all leauge members (the right courtesy by the way) you'll be fine.

I know I ain't in top 5 in points, but if I'm in second place with a lap or two to go, and if you don't think I'm passing lepage, kyle, dan or reef for the win, ur nutz!!!!!

bottom line. You race. Weather your 2nd or 15th in points you race to win, and you race SMART. That's it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

tjwild wrote:i have a question? would it be easer to put up list of who is in the point chase that way the one that not will not be in the way . i under stand that this thread for who point is whos point but i was just thinking about this and thought it might be a good subject .
thank u for ready this
Chase for cup = any1 who is in top 10 imo. Or any1 who has a shot at it
Same for NBS.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

bover ty bro for the info help me look at it defernt way guess i was confused about some thing